Glock Talk banner

The new chart is out...

19K views 188 replies 61 participants last post by  bmoore 
#1 ·
#4 ·
He requested info from every major manufacturer. Some complied, some didn't, and some he is still waiting on. SOME of those who didn't respond, it is pretty obvious why. According to Rob_S at the M4 site:

Olympic refused.
DPMS has not responded.
S&W has not responded.
RRA is pending.
Armalite has not responded.

I can understand why Olympic refused :tongueout:

#6 ·
“For more details Olympic Arms welcomes all inquiries made directly to the manufacturer at 800-228-3471”.

I'm not sold on using the "chart" for what some people use it for. And I'm not going ot down Olympic, but that comment (I'm sure that they asked to have it in the chart) is BEYOND stupid... If they really welcomed all inquiries, they would have answered the freaking questions...

#7 ·
“For more details Olympic Arms welcomes all inquiries made directly to the manufacturer at 800-228-3471”.

I'm not sold on using the "chart" for what some people use it for. And I'm not going ot down Olympic, but that comment (I'm sure that they asked to have it in the chart) is BEYOND stupid... If they really welcomed all inquiries, they would have answered the freaking questions...
I think that's the point and why he put that on the chart.

#8 · (Edited)
Am I not understanding it, it looked like it has 10 brands and thats it?
You can guarantee that all manufacturers on the old chart were asked to participate and update current information. You can also bet that there were a good number of newer makers asked to participate also. The makers not listed on the chart did not wish to participate. We can draw whatever conclusions from that on our own. Personally it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why certain makers didn't want to be on the new "Chart" or why past manufacturers listed on the Chart wished to be excluded.

#9 ·
I will also say that there were a ton of Spikes people who claimed that Rob S. had some type of vendetta against Spikes and was in collusion with the M4C site to purposely exclude them. Many stated that he would be run off of M4C if he ever included Spikes. Well there they are, lets see what happens, but I already know whats gonna happen. Nothing.

#10 ·
As much as I hate the chart, you have to be impressed that all these manufacturers seem to be building decent quailty AR's to spec(who ever decides that). And look at spikes, right up there & only $$800.

A good sign over the mess of a few years ago when they were all over the place in parts & quailty.

#14 ·
...and thus the wailing and whining begins again!

:popcorn:

The majority of the "information" contained in that, and the previous chart,
is absolutely worthless because the average AR-15 owner will never fire enough
rounds through his rifle to ever be able to tell any difference.

Anybody else sense the hypocrisy here?

#15 ·
He requested info from every major manufacturer. Some complied, some didn't, and some he is still waiting on. SOME of those who didn't respond, it is pretty obvious why. According to Rob_S at the M4 site:

Olympic refused.
DPMS has not responded.
S&W has not responded.
RRA is pending.
Armalite has not responded.

I can understand why Olympic refused :tongueout:
Olympic just didn't want the others to look bad esp for the price....

#16 ·
...and thus the wailing and whining begins again!

:popcorn:

The majority of the "information" contained in that, and the previous chart,
is absolutely worthless because the average AR-15 owner will never fire enough
rounds through his rifle to ever be able to tell any difference.

Well since you can't even discuss any AR that doesn't meet their MIL SPEC dream requirements on M4.net If you do they will suspend you ASAP ! The closest "Mil Spec" Comercial AR you can buy is a Colt! Everyone else is a Posser! And your paying for the Name! :wavey:

Olympic just didn't want the others to look bad esp for the price....

Oh Lord :freak:

With all the available information I can't believe there are people like this out there.

#17 ·
Oh Lord :freak:

With all the available information I can't believe there are people like this out there.
Don't know about the others but I was being sarcastic....

Some take the AR/M4 crap too seriously.

#22 ·
I read through that thread as well. That place has their heads up countless manufacturers butts, they'll never give an accurate account of data. It'll be full of sponsor, personal, and trend bias. They might as well not even waste their time. Its an insult to the creator of this chart (non biased) and to arfcom members.

#23 ·
Amazing how a collection of information can be so controversial. If you don't think its useful, then ignore it. If you do, then use it your advantage, because it would be very time consuming to attempt to collect that info yourself.

As for m4carbine.net, you can discuss any brand AR you like, as long as you are making technical, fact-based posts, and not facebook/twitter type posts. Oh, and if you make silly statements about "as good as" or "good enough" you can expect some heat. As with any board, if you work within the parameters they set forth, all are welcome.

#24 ·
That's because some companies (like Bushmaster, DPMS, and Olympic Arms) want nothing to do with it. That should tell you something about those companies.
Yep! They are classier Companies that choose not to get in the 4 year olds' pissing fight. People will buy them anyway.

#26 ·
No. They just don't want people to know why consumers shouldnt buy their rifles.
Since no one here will be engaged in combat operations with their personal rifle, there is no realistic difference except for price and name.

I have owned LMT, Colt, Bushmaster, RRA, and BCM AR piddle shooters and they are all the same design and for the most part work well for the average AR owner.

I say most part because even Daniel Defense, Noveske, and LMTs put lemons out.

Just like handguns, Glock is no better than a SIG Which is no better than a H&K Which is no better then a S&W which is no better than Beretta.

Yall come up with an handgun chart. Or a M1a chart. Or better yet an AK chart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.