close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The new Browning A5

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by auto-5, Feb 18, 2012.

1. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty gun but Im not sold. I guess it is like these new T-birds. Yea there nice but the old ones are much much cooler.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    There has been an old Remington model 11 in my family for years. It was a very advanced design for its time. I wish I knew that it would end up with me, but no promises.

The one in my family is a 16g and needs to be adjusted to shoot modern plastic shells.

IMO though, there is no reason to make a gun with the "hump" if it uses a modern operating system.

Its trying to capitalize on the classic appearance with a cheaper and more modern design.

3. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    Well Browning has always had a shotgun with a hump whether it be the Auto-5 or the Silver or now the new A5 So yea I guess it is an iconic look for them. Plenty of people cant stand it. Personally I love it and shoot it better than a modern design so I like to think there is a place for it. But yea I know it is not everyone's cup of tea.

4. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

Jan 23, 2010
    Shreveport, La.
    I'll give it a pass being made by Browning... I've yet to have a bad performing firearm made by Browning whether it is a Belgian, or Japanese...

5. vtbluegrass

vtbluegrass

Dec 1, 2009
    The A5 lazermark and the angle on the front of the reciever are turn offs to me.

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    The old ones are ugly with a purpose. The new ones are ugly just to play off the old ones.

7. Sean19

Sean19

Jan 7, 2012
    Fl.
    Don't know about the new ones,but I have dropped alot of ducks,with those old humpbacks..love em

8. You've probably shot ones that are set up wrong under the stock. There's a compression brake that works under the forend. Set it up for no brake with buckshot, it'll hurt. Set it up for full brake with bird shot, it won't cycle.

They were made to be adjusted for load size.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    It's a goodlooking gun, but I'll stick with my original Belgian made. :cool: