The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Yeah, I kinda figured that would hold it up; that's pretty much how the one I have now (made for the light by freakin' streamlight!) is holding it now, since it's all worn out after less than a year on my belt. Sometime I have to fight it out of the holder, which is not cool.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

No joke, eh? Mine has held up pretty well... but then again, I don't wear my leather everyday, it's the nylon that sees duty.

3. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Big one is a Streamlight SL-20 with a Terralux MM drop-in LED.

Little one in the SF V70 is a Greg McGee MC-G33.

http://site.gregmcgeeengineering.com/MC-G33.html

It's bright. Works really well. On high, it gets hot pretty quick so I run it on medium and low most of the time, but that is usually all I need.

We had an officer assaulted the other night and while on a K9 track, I was able to light up entire fields with this sucker. It is awesome.

4. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Cochese,

You seem to have more setups than anybody else here by a long shot. Looks like you stay fairly consistent from rig to rig with where stuff is, but ever get confused thinking you were the last "flavor of the month" and reach for the wrong thing?

5. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

These are over a period of eight years and three police agencies with different equipment requirements, in my defense. :wavey:

The stuff that matters never moves. Pistol, reloads, and radio remain in the same locations. Support stuff has moved around but its been an evolution of efficiency, weight savings and weight distribution.

I was in a fight a while back and reached for handcuffs on my kidney and realized they weren't there anymore. A quick flash in my brain said hey up front and I found them. Cost me a half second, but I guess its happened. In this instance though there was simply nothing there.

6. This sometimes changes from week to week :rofl:

7. [​IMG]
    Sorry for the poor cell phone pic, but here is the latest iteration of my duty belt.
    L to R:
    Keys
    G22 mags in Double mag carrier
    ASP baton
    Motorola HT 1250
    5.11 LFL, mid size
    Glock 22, Safariland ALS 6360
    Sabre Red OC spray
    Uncle Mike's Double Handcuff case, two sets S&W handcuffs, chained, hinged

8. How do you like that R1?

Seems like an awesome light based on its specs.

9. kayl

except the price! LOL

10. Yea, no kidding! I'd love to have one, but it's not in the cards right now...

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

11. It's from Surefire....What else would you expect?? Lol. They have great products but wayyyy over priced

12. It's a great light. Blows both my led Stingers out of the water. I got a GREAT deal on it second hand and couldn't pass it up. I would buy it again in a heartbeat, but then again I'm a gear whore.

13. Ver 2.0 for the new department.
    [​IMG]

14. Cheeseburger: who makes your duty belt? The new brass wants us out of our nylon "dog catcher" gear :rofl: and is considering plain black. I hope he lets us go with "fake" leather for weight reasons, plus I like the clip-style buckle as opposed to the traditional buckle.

15. Ida81

What spare mag holder is this?

16. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Tis a Binachi Accumold, me thinks. The buckle... I think I cannibalized it off a 12 year old security belt made by my Uncle Mike.

I wish I could wear dog catcher gear. :supergrin:

17. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's