The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Watch out, the CALEA hit squad might want to talk to you.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I tried the nylon/velcro set-up, and was was very uncomfortable. I switched back to leather, and the hips thanked me, but the back didn't...

3. I just switched departments and then new one requires basketweave where the old one allowed nylon. I can say that I prefer the nylon by a large margin.

4. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

I've always preferred nylon. One good ground fight will ruin leather.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Leather has its place for appearances and nylon is for working.

Try wearing a full nylon getup with your class A with the cover and tie and you will instantly realize it looks like crap.

But yeah, my back thanks me for switching to all nylon in 99/

6. I had nylon, and it was always dirty and became frayed really quickly. I went with Accumold Elite... None of the weight of leather, but it does have the professional appearance.

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

My Bianchi ErgoTek belt has held its appearance very well and I don't use the cheap UM stuff or the cheap holsters that can tear. Safariland STX all the way for high wear areas like holsters and molded belt keepers are the way to go.

8. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

[​IMG]

Top is my outside the fence belt, bottom is the inside the fence belt.

Pretty light on the transport belt; just a mag pouch (Bianchi), Safariland 6390 for a Beretta 92 Vertec, and cuff case (also Bianchi), all personally bought, on a Uncle Mike's belt (issued).

The inside the fence belt is going to be changed to simplify it, but as it stands now:

Galls (dynamed) Single pair latex glove pouch (filled with two pair, lol)

Motorola swivel radio case, issued.

Streamlight Stinger LED DS, in the Streamlight case (that I cut the flap off when the damn thing wouldn't come undone one day; POS case, but it'll do for now)

Surefire G2 LED in a Safariland Nylok pouch.

CPR mask in the case it came in; issued when I worked for the state, and I kept it when I went fed.

Bianchi Patroltek double latex glove pouch, with four pair on board.

Safariland Nylok cuff case; peerless cuffs issued at the joint.

Key clips and chain, all issued. Brass tags are chits used to check out equipment from control.

All on a Safariland Nylok belt.

ETA: Keepers are Blackhawk molded, and used for whichever belt I'm using at the moment.

#1268 CJStudent, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

As far as dirt goes, here's a hint: .25¢ car wash.
    Fraying: a BIC lighter.

:D:beer:

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

10. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Why no flashlight?

11. Here is my new basketweave gear that I was forced to switch to at my new department. The only thing missing is the taser holster between the cuffs and radio.
    [​IMG]

12. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

I usually switch the G2 over to the mag pocket in my 5.11s when I'm doing transports, but one of the changes I'm going to do when I get to switching stuff around is to move the G2 to that belt.

13. I agree on the holster. I have the new ALS in STX basketweave and love it, but my belt is Uncle Mike's mirage and it has definitely held its' appearance.

I just gave a co-worker a hard time about when he's going to drop the leather and get the synthetic basketweave like me. He thought I was calling him fat.

14. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Is that a Streamlight stinger in a baton case?

15. No, it's a Surefire R1 Lawman in a Safariland for a Stinger.

16. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Okay, thanks. Trying to find a new case for the Stinger.

17. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-LHS-03-Flashlight-Capability/dp/B001EC3JME/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345241521&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=nite+ize+stinger+holster"]Amazon.com: Nite Ize LHS-03 Clip-On Flashlight Holster with Stretch Capability and 8-Position Rotating Clip: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g9ZmZLC4L.@@AMEPARAM@@51g9ZmZLC4L[/ame]

This is the holster I use for my Strion and it holds my Stinger pretty well too.

18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I put my Stinger in an ASP leather holder with the open bottom after I went back to a straight stick in a ring. The regular steel Stinger fits almost perfectly in the case for the 26" ASP with about 0.5" gap on the bottom.

19. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Good to know; those are a lot easier to find locally. I think I might hit the local cop shop next week when I'm off.

20. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The cone top of the Stinger holds the light on the open top rim so the bottom of the light doesn't touch the bottom of the case.