The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. What finish is the magazine pouch in?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I'd like to know that as well. Sounds like a real cluster of a policy...

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Looks like it comes in all of the standard finishes.

4. Mine is STX fine tac

#844 tusk212, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. Lawman, you have any pics of your rig with the 34? I'm thinking about picking one up.

6. I always wanted my cuff case on my left rear quarter. In front just seems STRANGE.
    :shocked:

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I might have some posted in the duty belt picture thread. None on this computer. Sorry. It is a big honking holster though.:rofl:

I've always had the cuff cases on my back, taught in the academy that way. I have seen cuffs worn on the front quite often though, up north in CA and quite a few departments back east. Looked funny to me too but I guess it works also as a keeper when you slide the tongue of the duty belt under the handcuff case loops. I just have no room to play. Wearing a size Small duty belt does that to you.

8. Since I last posted, I've moved out of an Auxiliary position into a part-time Police Officer. It's time for an update on my set up, since it now no longer looks anything like what I posted before.

Here's the set up:

[​IMG]

Biachi Accumold Elite duty belt
    Safariland basketweave STX mag pouch
    Glock 23 mags stoked with 180gr Speer Gold Dots
    Keeper with keys.
    Swivel radio holder
    S&W Model 100 chain cuffs in a Don Hume open top carrier
    Safariland latex glove pouch
    Keeper
    21" ASP in ASP rotating scabbard
    Keeper
    Glock 23 in Safariland 6360 holster - STX Basketweave finish
    Keeper
    Peerless hinged cuffs in Don Hume open top holder.

-MPDAUX83

9. Here's mine, 34" waist. We can't take our radio home but it's a small Motorola w/ shoulder mic, maybe an HT750? Also no Tasers, and we will probably never get 'em. :frown:
    [​IMG]

10. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

We just wear the same uniform the whole tour. I take all the stuff out of the pouches so it's easier to get situated.

It's actually not all that uncommon here in NJ...NJSP wear their belts like this on their "summer" uniforms, which is class A pants and a long sleeve class A shirt and tie. 4949 can chime in (if he ever sees this post) but I believe the NJSP is also very restrictive about what goes on the belt.

Every class A pants I've seen has belt loops the belt will fit on. Out class B pants have to be modified, though (yes, we have to do this dumb nonsense on class b's).

After wearing the traditional duty belt for 4 years, fishing through the loops is actually WAY more comfortable since it's significantly thinner. I just need to skip the 1:30 and 9:00 loops where my mag pouch and radio holder sit.

That said; I'd rather wear two belts.

#850 AngryBassets, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  11. AngryBassets

Bahh...here it is *on* the stupid pants.

1:30: horizontal mag pouch which houses a spare G23 mag w/+1 and a Streamlight Scorpion

2:45 (lol): keeper used to hold car key

3:00: G23 w/M3 in a 6360

4:00 old Stinger holster which holds my Monadock MEB

9:00: Kenwood TK3180

10:00: double cuff case w/old Peerless hinge cuffs and superlight aluminum American Handcuff Co chain cuffs

11:00: Vexon OC

Also: Hatch resistor gloves in back right pocket, S&W rescue knife in sap pocket and SOG Flash II in left hand slash pocket. 642 in a Renegade ankle holster and well-loved Streamlight SL-20x are also making a cameo....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OMG, what a nightmare. :shocked:

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yeah... that's still more space than me... you fat bastard!

14. ghstface38

ghstface38 Five-O

Well mine is the same as it's always been. Subtract the TDI knife behind the radio holder...
    [​IMG]

I did swap out mag pouches so I could try the Integrated Patrol Rifle Mag Pouch by Center Of Mass. It was quickly nixed.
    [​IMG]

I wear a set of S&W chain cuffs on the front of my belt as you can see. They're mostly used for women or crackheads... or crackheaded women, with small wrists. Although I have had to cinch them down on a dude or two.

#854 ghstface38, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  15. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow, I've never seen that COM Integrated Patrol Rifle Mag Pouch. Looks like a great idea! So...I'm not clear...did you not like it or what? Were you unable to use it with your open top mag pouch? I'm currently using a Don Hume open top pistol mag pouch and wonder if it would work well with that. Let me know what you think/thought--you're the first person I've come across who uses one.

16. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

That's pretty crazy. Never knew they had pants that you could do that with. Does that add extra wear to the leather pieces constantly moving them on and off every few days?

I would bet you have to plan what days you will be alternating to a new pair of pants. You would have to show up to the locker room an extra 10-15 minutes early just to get it all set up.

Sorry bro....

17. I use one and love it, but I can see why people might not like it. It does make your mag pouch stick out a good bit.

If you're smaller waisted though and have a lot of stuff on your belt it can be a god send.

18. AngryBassets

Nah; it's really not that bad... Took me about a month to get used to it.

19. ghstface38

ghstface38 Five-O

I personally did not like it. I was unable to use it with my Safariland open top mag pouch due to the attachment style on the back. I was forced to switch back to the flap covered mag pouch. My biggest gripe was the sheer size, it made my mag pouches stick out a good 2 inches further. It just looked goofy to me. Great idea though.

20. Where did you buy the radio holster? I Googled to no avail. Thx