close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    looks very clean and smooth, not too much

2. PTRJason

PTRJason

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Nevada
    At least I am not the only one who cut off the flap on the Bianchi MK3 holder. I have a MK4 in it.

3. tusk212

tusk212

Jan 31, 2004
    Central PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left to Right: All Bianchi AccuMold unless specified. MKIII DefTec OC, Double Cuff Pouch w/ Peerless 700's, Key Holder, Uncle Mikes radio holder, PolyStinger LED DS in a American Warrior nylon holder made by Stallion Leather, 21'' ASP, Glock 17 w/ X300 in a 6360, 2 mags. There is a total of 6 Uncle Mikes molded keepers mixed in there too.

4. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    looks nice, I too use the accumold pouches and they hold up quite good yet

5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Aug 2, 2004
    Vancouver, WA.
    Have you considered a drop-leg holster?

6. VHT

VHT

Jul 18, 2007
    South of Heaven...
    They crossed my mind, for some reason they just seem to look too tacti-cool for me, haha... Lotta guys have them here though. It's a possible though. Not sure I want something around my leg that much tho.

7. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Dec 19, 2008
    Nice rig....what brand belt/accessories?

8. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    It's all in yer ****.

9. PTRJason

PTRJason

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Nevada
    It's not mine but I can say with about 99.9% assurance that Everything is Bianchi AccuMold, holster is Safariland 6004 series or one of the variants, radio holder is a Porta-Clip, and I am not sure about the Taser holder so just guessing it is a Blackhawk Serpa or a Safariland ALS.

10. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Taser holster is a Blackhawk.

11. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Dec 19, 2008
    Thanks!

12. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Jun 12, 2006
    OK, USA
    Sorry - just saw this. Yeah - Bianchi accumold everything except safariland holster.

13. I'm still trying to figure out where to put my radio, but still keep my back clear...:dunno:

I guess I'm just gonna have to get fatter. ;)

Mags, Surefire G2, cuffs, D-ring for Streamlight 20X, cuffs, ASP, S&W 4566 Streamlight M3 (in Safariland 6280), recorder, OC spray.

[​IMG]

14. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 21, 2004
    Texas
    Any of y'all use the old school hanging radio carriers like you still see some bigger departments like San Francisco PD using? They usually hang down low and appear to swivel. See the radio carriers in the photos below (one of which is quite sad, I have to admit).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see most of y'all using higher carriers. We're issued Port-A-Clips, which hold the radio high, but I'm thinking about going to something more like this (below) if it'll give that old school look.

[​IMG]
    Safariland 762

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  15. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 21, 2004
    Texas
    Any way that a pair of ASP chained cuffs could be squeezed into there?

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  16. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I would think function is more important that looking old school.

There are folks with the swivel at my PD and at my previous department. I think it sucks, personally. I like my equipment close to my body and stable. There is way too much give with those radio holders. There are a few guysthat run a swivel without the leather holder. Its directly attached to the battery. Not my cup of tea, but I hate the PortaClip just as much. It is sharp, digs into my side and it is too hard to get the radio in and out. I don't use a remote mic. I just talk directly into the radio.

I use a Center of Mass kydex job.

[​IMG]

17. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    They are slightly too wide. Admittedly, I was trying them on a new holder. If you stretched the leather it might work out.

18. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 21, 2004
    Texas
    Yeah, I saw that you have the Blade-Tech radio carrier. I looked at that one, and would like to run it, but they only make it for the newer style Motorola. We still use the MTS2000.

19. matt86

matt86 Oink Oink

May 20, 2005
    NC
    My department issues those and I hate it and bought a porta clip. They swing around and stick out pretty far on the side. I hate them.

20. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    I'll be the odd one out and say that I use a nylon version by Bianchi and love it. It's MUCH easier to get to my radio that way, as opposed to most people at work who just clip it to their belt on the manufacturer's belt clip. I tried that, and it kept getting stuck on my duty belt, and I couldn't stand clipping it to my pants pocket like some others do. They only downside is we use such a wide variety of radio sizes, and you're not guaranteed to get the same one twice (motorola astro, some kind of kenwood, and a newer type of motorola).

We had a grant to buy everyone individual radios that would be assigned to them, but the LT over the radios and such refused to do it, because "they'll just tear them up" :upeyes: The union is doing a petition to have the warden override him, though.