The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    1. The JBT's

What exactly is the benefit of this holster over a 6280?

I'm not really seeing one.

******* I can't wait for a pro. Gunners really finish it off. I'll have the *exact* same setup. Great minds think alike?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Nice setup. Is there an option for that thumb lever release to make it Level 4?

3. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

The ALS/6360 automatically locks the gun in upon reholstering, even if the hood is rotated down. The design results in a little bit less friction retention, which means less drag on the gun during the draw. The ALS "lever" is deactivated as part of the gripping of the gun and pushing the SLS hood down. There is no second motion. It also provides a second point of indexing on the draw, which I think helps make for better, more positive draws.

Long story short: same draw stroke as the 6360, more retention, faster and more consistent draw.

I think that we have MAYBE two or thee people left at my agency not using this of them has one on order. I am yet to talk to anybdy who did not prefer it...and for the record, I was not sold on these when they came out. I bought one when the tac-light version came out because I wanted the automatic locking that I missed from the Raptor and never looked back. I've got at least five of them for different guns.

You can add the SLS sentry, but I would strongly suggest against it for two reasons.

1: the sentry requires you to move your thumb backwards to disable the sentry and then forwards to disable the hood and ALS lever. On a 6280/6004/6005 type holster, it works fine, on the Raptor and ALS, it makes the draw needlessly complicated.

2: The sentry mounted on the ALS and Raptor holsters tears my thumb knuckle up on reholstering. Does not do that on the 6280.
  4. [​IMG]what do have your gloves in?
  5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Thanks... good to know.
  6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Old single mag case or single knife case holds 3 pairs of gloves for me.
  7. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    1. The JBT's

I have them rolled up and rubberbanded together. They sit in a cargo pant pocket with a BUG.
  8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I keep my cell phone, chewing gum, spare change, lint collection, and ciggies in my cargo pocket.
  9. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    1. The JBT's

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You saying that you are not going to smoke a stogie with me when I visit you in Bloomfield?:crying::wow::steamed::shocked::whistling:
  11. I keep a few pairs of gloves and a spit mask in a zip-loc bag in my pocket.
  12. [​IMG]l to r schrade baton, bianchi double mag pouch, shure fire light, s.w. cuff pouch, gloves, hinged sw cuffs, glock 23 holster, mace pouch, security badge.[​IMG][​IMG]
    #652 flper67, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  13. goosie119

goosie119 Five Oh

here's my rig from left to right, mostly bianchi accu-mold. double mag pouch, taser x-26 which i've since replaced with the blackhawk holder, radio, 26" asp with asp rotating sidebreak scabbard, surefire 6pled in a blackhawk mod-u-loc holder, flashlight ring, double glove pouch, rail mounted light pouch that i keep an extra taser cartridge in, safariland 6280 that i added the hood guard to, glock 22 with tlr-1 (c4 led), silent key holder, double cuff case with peerless cuffs (1 hinge/1 chain), oc pouch.

it's tough getting it all to the front. i have it rigged just right so the surefire and taser cartridge are right on the back of my hip. any farther back and i wouldn't be able to put the lower back into the seat. i use 5 molded keepers, in front of the taser, behind the surefire, one in the center of the back, and in front and behind the holster. this is the best setup for me. later, goosie.
  14. Since I have an ever changing lineup of items on my dutybelt... the latest, and hopefully final, iteration...

Safariland open top mag holder
    Dual baton/flashlight ring
    Peacekeeper RCB in Securelock Scabbard
    Radio (not pictured, listen only earpiece)
    Streamlight Stinger (C4 LED)
    G&G (I think) cuff case w/Peerless 100s
    G22 in Safariland 6360, w/ a 1.5" drop
    Some other weird brand cuff case with the new S&W M&P lever lock cuffs

aaaaand the Dymondwood in all its glory
  15. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

The stick does not look like it has seen much use :tongueout:
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

Maybe it is just a "psychological" weapon......... :rofl:
  17. A pretty dang effective one!
  18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It came with a coat of black paint... does that help?
  19. [​IMG]

cuffs (hinged)
    cuffs (chain)
  20. What kind of flashlight holder is that for your pelican?
    I need a basketweave holder for my pelican 7060 and that looks nicer than mine