The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. I've always thought off hand draw should be mandated for tasers.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. It is for most departments. It gives the department cover if the officer makes that small mistake of killing the guy instead of tazing him. The guy probably deserved it anyway right?

Isn't that the defense the DART officer used who shot the guy in the back while he was handcuffed and on his stomach back a few months ago?

3. You mean cross draw.

I mean a straight draw with your off hand.

BART carried their tasers on their strong side. Bad idea.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We have them cross draw on the belt. The brass is not too hot on the idea of the drop leg off side taser holsters yet. Too tactical, they say.

5. "too tactical" should not be a phrase in modern day policing

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The admin/brass still can't get used to it. The fight over nylon is still raging for some too. It seems that patrol shouldn't wear nylon, only special units like gangs and such. Sad state of affairs. As long as we do our jobs and don't look sloppy, especially if it helps the comfort level, why not?

7. spdski

spdski NRA Life Member
    CLM

Are you allowed leather style nylon, like the fake basketweave stuff?

Have you made safety arguments? Nylon can take harsher disinfectants without damage, while leather would get wrecked if you tried to properly decontaminate it after a blood exposure...
    Also, nylon is lighter and therefore less likely to cause back injuries.

8. "First the patrol guys ask for nylon gear...if we give them that the next thing they are going to want is suspenders.....then they will want BDU pants....then listen-only earpieces....next thing you know we have 50 swat officers running around the streets...no, it's basketweave and you'll like it."

:whistling:

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Oh, I don't care really. I wear nylon... those patrol guys are on their own! SUCKAHS!

10. That mag pouch/cuff idea is pretty cool.

11. Yup same here. NO NYLON except for bike units and SWAT.

We too are mandated to have the taser cross drawed. I wore a drop rig on my "weak" thigh for a bit and really liked it until one day a "boss" showed up and hammered me. That was the end of that. IT was way to intimidating according the the powers that be. If they think that's intimidating they should stare down the business end with the laser, but then again P.O.'s are not allowed to carry them either. Go figure

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I hate it when we intimidate those who seek to prey on others.

Isn't there some agency or unit out there that has it in their motto that they intimidate those who seek to oppress others or something like that?

13. "We intimidate those who intimidate others" Its a California Agency, I think LAPD.

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Not very likely to be LAPD... more like "We cater to those who hate us because our traitorous mayor and the Consent Decree say so".

15. The cops in the anti-gang unit in Los Angeles' Rampart division had a motto: "We intimidate those who intimidate others." They worked the city's most violent neighborhoods, met firepower with firepower and succeeded in bringing gang-related crimes down 60% from 1992 to 1999.

Taken from this article - http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101001127-88806,00.html

Not sure how much truth there is in that article, but Lt. Col. Dave Grossman also mentions that it came from a California Agency in this excerpt
    http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
    . :dunno:

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We all know how well that CRASH unit worked out for LAPD and how cozy it got them with the Feds.:whistling:

17. Picture_rez.jpg
    How do ya like them apples?

18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You got it on backwards. The katana is carried crossdraw along with the wakizashi.

I carry my lightsaber right behind my holster, clipped on the key holder. Good thing it came with a keyring. It's in the shop getting the plasma generator serviced.

[​IMG]

Double mag pouch (pointed toward center)
    ASP holder
    Radio case
    Double cuff case
    OC holder
    Ultra Stinger loop
    Silent key holder
    M6004 Safariland (G21/M6)
    Digital tape recorder
    Latex gloves

#618 lawman800, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  19. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

How much was the holster? I have been looking for such a holster for my Springfield Operator.
    [​IMG]

:thumbsup:

20. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

It's just a 6280.

Looks like the going rate is about $135 is "real" Safariland leather and $85 in fine-tac or STX basketweave.

Safariland is now making a 6360 (ALS) for a railed 1911 with a tac light, and it is running about $107 in fine tac or stx basketweave.

I will probably be unloading my 6280s on the GT forums in the near future since i just got a 6360 for the 1911.