close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. pal2511

pal2511

Sep 15, 2002
    KS
  2. I'd like to know that as well. Sounds like a real cluster of a policy...

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Looks like it comes in all of the standard finishes.

4. tusk212

tusk212

Jan 31, 2004
    Central PA
    Mine is STX fine tac

5. tusk212

tusk212

Jan 31, 2004
    Central PA
    Lawman, you have any pics of your rig with the 34? I'm thinking about picking one up.

6. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    I always wanted my cuff case on my left rear quarter. In front just seems STRANGE.
    :shocked:

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I might have some posted in the duty belt picture thread. None on this computer. Sorry. It is a big honking holster though.:rofl:

I've always had the cuff cases on my back, taught in the academy that way. I have seen cuffs worn on the front quite often though, up north in CA and quite a few departments back east. Looked funny to me too but I guess it works also as a keeper when you slide the tongue of the duty belt under the handcuff case loops. I just have no room to play. Wearing a size Small duty belt does that to you.

8. MPDAUX83

MPDAUX83

May 10, 2006
    Illinois
    Since I last posted, I've moved out of an Auxiliary position into a part-time Police Officer. It's time for an update on my set up, since it now no longer looks anything like what I posted before.

Here's the set up:

[​IMG]

Biachi Accumold Elite duty belt
    Safariland basketweave STX mag pouch
    Glock 23 mags stoked with 180gr Speer Gold Dots
    Keeper with keys.
    Swivel radio holder
    S&W Model 100 chain cuffs in a Don Hume open top carrier
    Safariland latex glove pouch
    Keeper
    21" ASP in ASP rotating scabbard
    Keeper
    Glock 23 in Safariland 6360 holster - STX Basketweave finish
    Keeper
    Peerless hinged cuffs in Don Hume open top holder.

-MPDAUX83

9. Chico Bill

Chico Bill Millennium Member

Nov 10, 1999
    LA area, CA,USA
    Well... I guess I kinda went full circle. Below is a picture of my duty belt circa 2007-2009. After the picture was taken I switched to a Sig P226 (and sometimes a P220), then an M&P9, and for the past year and a half or so, an M&P9L.
    [​IMG]

I was never happy with the accuracy of the M&P... It's ok, and totally acceptable for a combat gun, but I feel much more confident with my Berettas. I still had several (sold that Vertec from the above picture - regret it!) but wanted a rail so I purchased an M9A1 and loaded it up with a Beretta factory "D" spring, Elite hammer, and enlarged magazine release. I also added a short steel trigger, Wilson grips and guide rod, and will soon (when they are back in stock) get a Wilson rear sight. The rail hosts a Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser with the contour remote pressure switch which was made for the M&P but coincidentally fits the Beretta perfectly!

The below belt is my new duty rig. I just put it together tonight. I'm not in a patrol assignment so my time in the field is rare, but this will be the dedicated rig for that purpose. I use the Safariland QLS setup so I can transfer the holster to my training rig, which is set up with the same mag pouch configuration.
    [​IMG]

Some of the changes from before include a Bianchi mag pouch that orients the magazines "bullets out". I feel this works better for a faster and more consistent reload for me. It also takes up less space on the belt. I moved and re-oriented the light pouch due to how I train/carry now. There is a SOF-T tourniquet in an eleven10 pouch as close to center-line as I could get. Lastly, the M9A1 sits in the new Safariland 6280LASD holster which was designed with input from us. It happens to fit my M9A1 with the TLR-2 Perfectly! This was not part of the design but quite serendipitous!