The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Very interesting, how do you like that mag pouch? With a 34" waist I'm always looking for ways to increase belt space..

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You think 34" is tough? Take a look at my pics in this thread to see how it works with a 31" waist. I have zero space and I'm lucky to get my keepers in!

3. I really like the mag pouch. I have a *ahem* slightly larger waist but I like it because it has a smaller footprint which allows my velcro underbelt and the velcro on the duty belt to make more contact and be more stable. I cannot stand to have stuff moving around. I also like it because its one of the only pouches I can wear vertical that doesnt poke my in the quad when sitting in the cruiser/squating/ whatever else that requires the leg to bend.

The only piece of gear on my belt I'm not happy with is the Blackhawk! flashlight holder for my Strion LED. Ive lost count how many times I got out of the car only to hear the sound of the Strion bouncing off the pavement. I have a new pouch from Stallion on the way so hopefully that will cure the problem.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If you don't want your gear to move, get a set of Uncle Mike's molded belt keepers. Not the nylon ones. The rubber molded ones. They are indestructible and they GRIP!

Once I lock them on, my duty belt does not move one iota. If I try to shift the duty belt around, my pants go with it. I don't even use a velcro underbelt, don't need it.

The molded keepers are like $10 a set. Cheap. I've had mine since 1999 and they are still good as new. No fade or chip on the black snaps either.

5. Been using them since day 1. :wavey:

I dont know how some guys stand to have their belts sagging and stuff sliding around everytime they move.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Day one since they came out or day one since you became a cop?

I hate sliding crap on belts too. That was a pet peeve when I had to wear leather. I can slide all the equipment around on the belt and then slide the belt around the waist in circles. Didn't inspire much confidence.

I started wearing my molded keepers with my black leather basketweave setup. That cured the belt from sliding around but the equipment can still slide around.

7. Actually before I became a cop. I was putting together some duty gear for the academy and saw someone saying how awesome they were, I think it was you honestly, so I ordered them and have been running them since.

8. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I was issued the molded ones about 10 years ago and they didn't hold jack together. I hated them. Maybe they were too large for the Uncle Mike's Mirage 2-inch duty belt?

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Wow, I have been touting them for that long that you have gone to the academy and started working already?:wow:

The Uncle Mike's molded keepers are made for the 2" duty belts. I use them with my Bianchi Accumold ErgoTek belt though, which are a tad thicker than the Uncle Mike's. Are you using the unlined or the lined belt?

10. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I can't remember...I was using them almost 11 years ago with Uncle Mike's Mirage gear. The keepers were bigger than the belt so they just irritated me and didn't hold anything together. There was a huge gap between the belt and the keeper so it would snag on stuff if you turned and caught it the right way. I wonder if they've been redesigned since then.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I think it's the Mirage belt. The unlined versions are crap and the lined ones aren't much better. I never liked Uncle Mike's belts, but his other nylon gear is fine. Bianchi Accumold belts are the stoutest I have seen and my ErgoTek can't be beat for comfort because it has padded pillows on the inside. You also use regular gear unlike Safariland's Levitation system where you gotta buy all new gear.

12. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

The ErgoTek looks badass!

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Only the best gear for the best cop!

Did I mention I was very modest too?:whistling:

14. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

What brand is that mag holder?

15. What type of mag pouch is that?

16. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

That layout is alot like mine. We have to thread our duty belt through our pant loops so I'd have to take it all apart to take a pic (I'm wearing it that way right now, with class B's, no less). :upeyes:

17. WOW. That's crazy. I get frustrated everytime to change mine around. I couldnt imagine having to deconstruct everything everytime I get dressed/undressed.

18. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

That sounds like a policy made by an admin that's never worked the street, or worn a uniform.

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

What kind of pants have loops to fit 2.25" duty belts?