The "new and improved" duty belt picture thread!

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by DaBigBR, Jul 18, 2006.

1. My dept doesn't let us keep our weapon light mounted. i have to carry mine in a separate pouch. It's BS.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Suffolk County?

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

Is that holster Leather? If so, put me down for "first dibs" if/when you decide to sell it. If your Kimber TLE/RL II fits in it, my Springfield Operator should drop right in with a TLR-2 on it.

:cool:

4. matt86

matt86 Oink Oink

This thread needs a bump for my newly acquired taser

[​IMG]

From left to right:

Double mag pouch
    Taser x26
    Portaclip for my Moto Radio
    Open top cuff case
    Asp
    Sig P229 Holster
    Open top cuff case
    Open top OC case

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's a lot of empty real estate!

6. matt86

matt86 Oink Oink

I try to keep it that way too.... I hate stuff on my back. I can't really think of anything else I need

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

True... I am still trying to make room for the X26... we have them, I have to move some stuff, I guess.

8. matt86

matt86 Oink Oink

Its well worth the space it takes up though in my opinion. I think my duty belt is finally pretty comfortable. My first day back at work with the taser is Tuesday so we'll see how it does through the 11 hour shift in the car.... that's always the real test.

I'm thinking about getting one of the Safariland mag pouches that also houses a second set of cuffs so i can ditch the cuff case on my back. I can't find any feedback on how they work though. Most of the NCHP carries them now but I was told by one officer that as soon as you start running with one the cuffs go flying off. Anyone have any experience with it?

9. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Actually, it is fit for an x200...there is a different fit code for the TLR-2.

10. University Police at Stony Brook. you live in the area?

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

There was another thread with that, but the guy says it works for him. If you have the tactical belly flap that you can put on top of all your gear, you should be fine.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Negative. Had known a guy from there who was 3rd generation Suffolk County.

13. We send our guys through the suffolk academy. i just got done with their firearms instructor course. They're good people.

14. OK, I'll bite.

Most important is that piece of leather that joins my partner and I. He's reward is play hence the towel and my stage act :cool:

[​IMG]

Whats missing is my Motorola 5000.

15. [​IMG]

That's it. Everything else goes on the vest now.

16. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Bradley, I need me a picture(s) of your Professional. Preferably in your new holster!

I don't suppose you have the P/N from will fit memorized for a Springer Pro with a X2/300 + pressure switch in STX/Fine tac for a lefty? :whistling:

Pics, I need pics!

17. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

The holster/finish is 6360-560, but i do not know the code for left hand. Right hand is -131.

The 1911 ALS has a stupid plastic shroud around the ALS button, which absolutely kills the draw and disabling of the safety. I tried to like it, but ended up taking a dremel to it and removing it so that it is more like the Glock 6360. I like the result much better than the original. I believe that the shroud is to keep the safety from being flicked off while in the holster, but it did not do anything for re-enabling the safety if the gun was accidentally holstered without it.

My modification has made the draw faster, disabling of the safety absolutely part of the draw, and allows my OCD ass to check that the safety is on with the gun in the holster. Win-Win-Win for me.

On the tape switch: SF makes two different ones that techincally apply. The DG-18 is supposed to be for Springers and Sigs and maybe S&W. The DG-18A is supposed to be for the Kimbers, which have a slightly longer trigger guard, causing the DG-18 not to fit flush. I ended up having to return the DG-18 and order a DG-18A for the Springfield. Even SF was puzzled.

I will try to remember to get pics when I get home. I have replaced the grips on the pro with a set of gunner grips...they are definitely the grips that should have come on the gun from the factory.

18. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Damn it. I have Gunner Grips lined up as well. Is it gay that I'll have the same exact gun as you??

:rofl:

Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!11111!!!!!!1!1!!one!!!11

19. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

The Holster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It should be clear in the photos where I dremeled, but it is not that noticeable in the flesh. I have considered taking the polishing wheel to the spots where I removed the stupid shroud to try to blend them, but at the end of the day, it's good enough for me.

20. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

And here's the Pro:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoops...how did that last one get in there?