close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Millett DMS-1 Optic

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by RMTactical, Aug 29, 2008.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
  2. Wow, good you posted this.:cool: I got almost the same setup you have, 20-incher with FF handguard (mine's a DD), only that the scope is sitting on a borrowed mount pending the arrival of my LaRue LT-104. And my groups are not as good, perhaps the ammo or the gritty trigger, or I need some more trigger time. Only when my set-up's complete will I post a pic of the whole rifle and its scope.

Do you still use the scope covers it came with? I had to replace the rear one with a Butler Creek # 16 as it kept popping open, had to tape it shut in the meantime. Cheesy too. And the zoom ring is hard to turn, but it's a minor detail.

To align the scope crosshairs I referenced them on the front sight ears (1x) and moved the scope until the bottom cross-hair was aligned with the front sight base.

It wears a Scope Coat while in storage.

3. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Yes, for now, I do. Work fine for me.

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I am glad you find the DMS favorable. I still like mine. Now, I am looking forward to using my Trijicon Accupoint for the first time tomorrow.

Millett DMS-1 in LaRue SPR-1.5 mount
    [​IMG]

Trijicon Accupoint TR21R in LaRue SPR-E mount
    [​IMG]

5. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    hmmmm, very nice piece. Seems a quality scope. And, for $255, not bad at all.

6. The scope caps that came with mine kept falling off, so I got some Butler Creek covers for it.

I'm very well pleased with this scope. I haven't used/shot it at night yet, but with a TLR-1 light I'm confident it would work at night also.

[​IMG]

7. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    $199.95 at www.swfa.com

8. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Yeah, that's where I got mine.

9. Me too.

10. Stealther

Stealther

Jun 23, 2002
    Texas
    Whats the eye relief on these at 4x? I assume that it has unlimited eye relief at 1x?

11. s12coolguy

s12coolguy

Mar 6, 2004
    PacNW
    Help me fund my AR project by taking my Millet DMS-1 off my hands! It's new in box STILL wrapped up. I'm so tempted to open it and play with it but I'm thinking keeping it wrapped would be a good selling point. SO TEMPTED!

12. scottp999

scottp999

Dec 18, 2007
    How does it look with the Front Sight on the 20" at low magnification? Do you notice the FSB at 1.5?

13. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Here it is at 1x. The front sight doesn't bug me.

[​IMG]

14. Beer_Forever

Beer_Forever

Feb 26, 2008
    I just got a gen 1 and love it. I have it on a gg&g riser with Millet rings. I don't like how the rings have a little gap from where they lock together, is that normal? They seem like good rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. That's exactly what mine looks like. Pretty convenient too, to level the scope using the blurry front sight base and the front sight ears.

I thought only the rear scope cover needed replacing with a Butler Creek, but after one too many times that the front cover got pulled off along with the Scope Coat when I remove the latter, I went and got a Butler Creek # 02A today.

16. scottp999

scottp999

Dec 18, 2007
    Interestng pic. Thanks for posting. I assume once you get up to 2.5 or so it blurs out of the picture completely? I really like the scope and just want to be sure before I purchace it for my 20" with a standard FSB. By the way, the scope is on sale at midway right now for about $204.

17. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Yes, it blurs out as you zoom it in, but I don't quite know at what magnification it disappears.

18. I played with it last night, it disappeared completely at 4x. At 2x the front sight occupied about 1/4th of the view at the bottom, but then the circle-dot was already well clear of the front sight. At 3x I could still see a little bit of the front sight and its ears. But then this was indoors, lighted.

BTW credit is due Rebel James for getting me interested in this scope in the first place. I kept staring at his rifle which is always present in his posts, then again, and then I said to myself... me too. The rest is history.

19. My LaRue hasn't arrived yet, but oh well, here's a photo of my rifle with the DMS perched on a borrowed mount, owner painted it with green Alumahyde, along with the rest of his rifle. Photo courtesy of Cebuboy.

[​IMG]