close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The "I wish the SEARCH could do this" idea

Discussion in 'Paid Membership System' started by Vic303, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Eric, we do plan on a membership, hopefully in the pre-period even, but I do have a 'wish' for the search function once you have everything turned up and running/fixed/replaced etc.

I wish the Search feature in the Want Ads area would permit a search by State abbreviation! There is no way to search for any posts by state abbreviation--only state name in full or a 3 letter minimum (ie: DFW).

--Vic

2. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I wish people would just put the State abbreviations in the title. If that was mandatory life would be so much easier.

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jan 1, 1970
    The new system will include a new purpose-built classified ads system, to replace the use of the forum for that purpose. It uses GT's existing membership database and has tons of great features, including a comprehensive search system that not only can search by state, it can search by proximity to given area. It is a very nice software package. There is even a field for the lister's state. Eric

4. lcarreau

lcarreau Reload Artist

Sep 22, 2003
    Arlington, TX
    I hope you get a lot of traffic that Ebay has given up.

-Lonnie

5. KYMike

KYMike 9mm Apologist

Jan 23, 2007
    Kentucky
    Amen! I have had this wish for a LONG time. This new funcionality sounds great. It's like going from the 19th to the 21st century in one leap!!

6. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Oct 29, 2004
    Sweeeeet. :thumbsup:

That alone is worth the price of membership.

7. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    I have no idea whether it's possible, but it would be GREAT if the search function could, somehow, search for images or other pictures that have been placed into posts. :thumbsup: