The Holy Bible is both historically and scientifically correct.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Peace Warrior, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

pjpII was wrong. This pope should have took his eyes off the church from rome's catechism and started reading the Holy Bible.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Perhaps this would be a good place to share some examples of this knowledge. I'm sure we're all eager to be enlightened.

3. Peace Warrior

CLM

Well, gif's are more suitable to your displayed intellect and mental acumen.

4. Animal Mother

It is possible you hold this view, given your earlier statement that you completely reject science in favor of the Bible, but it isn't true in any objective sense of the words "scientifically" or "accurate".
    Such as the value of pi being 3? That the Earth is fixed and immobile? The ability of Koalas to spread like seed and stow away on ships?

5. Peace Warrior

CLM

Still playing up to and following others. You do it on the internet, I bet you do it in life as well. Must suck to be you. I mean, you're such a lemming...

6. Animal Mother

We've been over this particular lunacy before. Do I really need to point out, again, that the fact a nebula as a whole is expanding does not preclude parts of the gas cloud collapsing into proto-stars? Do I need to post more pictures of it actually happening?
    Please do share some of these discoveries, with the appropriate references to the scientific literature if you don't mind.
    That is potentially a faith statement. What it is not is an accurate summation of the Lambda-CDM model commonly called the Big Bang Theory.
    The Big Bang has observed cosmic expansion and the cosmic microwave background as evidence for it. What have you got for "The Creator"?
    The important question is why do some Christians refuse to admit the evidence for things like evolution and the Big Bang theory, if the strength of their faith based argument is so great?

7. Peace Warrior

CLM

Ever see the moon? It's round.

Ever read the Holy Bible? It speaks of the circle of the Earth.

Ever watch a ship come in from the horizon? You see the highest parts first, and the rest of the ship to the waterline.

All these things indicate spheres. Anyway, Christians that studied their Holy Bibles always knew the Earth was round (i.e., sphere).

Anyway, IMHO, you are basing your opinion on an admitted vision from brother Daniel. Heck, you personally fly in some of your dreams and yet you have a problem with someone else having a vision (e.g., dream) of a tree being so tall that it can be seen from the ends of the Earth?

Is there really a problem with that passage, or are you trying to make stuff up there "dreamer?"

8. Peace Warrior

CLM

Actually, darkness is going to prevail, but you'd know that if you read/studied the Holy Bible.

I do embrace science and the Word of the Most High G-d.

9. Peace Warrior

CLM

Please see post #75.

10. No. You've cleared up the only one.

11. Peace Warrior

CLM

Well, in actual fact, the only thing you have proven is the extreme height of your total, complete, and whole ignorance with regards to the Holy Bible.

So far both of your supposed contradictions are wrong. Anything else?

12. Peace Warrior

CLM

There's a great big internet out there... you don't have to stay here. :wavey:

13. Peace Warrior

CLM

Please see post # 75.

14. I pointed out more than 2 and no they aren't. Care to provide any information that refutes them?

15. Peace Warrior

CLM

Not always, but you make a great point; however, the best cons (e.g., lies) always have some "ring of truth" running through them though.

16. Animal Mother

Circle does not equal sphere.
    Yes they do, but the Bible doesn't.
    Even the ones that read Isaiah 40:22? (It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in)

17. Peace Warrior

CLM

DUH!

That is what Luke said. And the ONLY thing Luke said on the matter as well. What comes after the pertinent verses, which I posted, have nothing to do with Cyrenius being alive (or dead) for the second census.

The first census (for taxes) was previously done during the governorship of Cyrenius over Syria and then ANOTHER DIFFERENT census (for taxes) was done right before Jesus was born. Luke does NOT make the assertion that Cyrenius was the governor when Jesus was born, in fact, Luke does just the opposite by relating the two SEPERATE censuses for the purposes of taxation.

We are through with this supposed contradiction. Anything else?

#97 Peace Warrior, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  18. Peace Warrior

CLM

Actually I screwed it up (see post #58).

I went extra biblical first... bad decision on my part. All along Luke had written the truth about the entire thing, but it is the evos that are adding to or taking away from Holy scripture that have caused the problems.

Ole brother Luke has been beat on for over two centuries now... His stuff is solid!

19. Animal Mother

The only problem wit this is that Quirinius was governor starting in 6 CE, and that's when the census mentioned in connection with him was done. Are you saying Jesus was born after 6 CE?
    Then why does Luke 2:2 read "And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria." (I'm assuming here that you meant to write "Luke does not make the assertion... which I realize is always a dangerous thing with you)

Is that about right?
    Evidence that two different censuses were done would be an excellent first step. Evidence for an earlier period of Quirinius being governor of Syria would also be good, especially since we know the governors from the time Augustus began his reign until 4BCE. Do you happen to have any?

#99 Animal Mother, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  20. Peace Warrior

CLM

Either your ignorance of Ramsay, or your purposed omission of the facts concerning Ramsay's life, and or maybe some of both cause you to post such rubbish.

In actual fact, Ramsay assailed upon the writing of Luke and worked tirelessly to disprove Luke assertions. Only after more than a decade of hard work from Ramsay trying but always failing to disprove Luke accounts and retelling of events that Ramsay ended up an admirer of Luke's dogged persistence for attention to detail, fact finding, and writing only correct historical facts.