The Holy Bible is both historically and scientifically correct.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Peace Warrior, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Interesting Topic.

Scripture does not say that Quirinius was the governor of Syria at that time. What you are looking at in Luke 2:2 is an interjection in the scripture from the translator. Many times they will add things and really would be better off leaving it alone. Sometimes they are kind enough to put it into parenthesis. Luke 1:1 that speaks of Augustus however is original text. Seeing as Augustus ruled from 63BC to 14AD this fits the timeline.

By the way, it's not meant to be a science book.

Cheers.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

3. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

If I may suggest another rule. If three posts by one person pass without presenting a new argument or evidence, that topic will be considered closed and we can move on to something new.

4. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

This alternative view would require that a different census, under a different governor, during the reign of Herod. Is there any evidence of such a census? As for Luke 2:2 being an interjection by a translator, are there any known copies of Luke that do not include the passage?
    To be fair, Peace Warrior is the one who claimed,
    It seems fair to challenge him to defend that assertion.

5. PEACE WARRIOR... I'M WAITING! You continue to run that mouth and back it up with nothing. Surely your magic book has the answers you need.

6. That is for sure. Tell that to Peace Warrior who claims the Bible is scientifically accurate.

7. I honestly did not know that! One of the things that confuses us laypeople is all the "a.k.a.s" in the bible.

It seems that names are changed during translations.
    Another issue I've had is the names of many of the places. Many don't exist anymore, other have had their borders changed over the years.

Now I don't take the printed word as totally true, but I also don't get overly excited when a date or place can not be pinpointed with precise accuracy.

I'm sure that if we asked Paul, "When were you born?" He most likely couldn't give us an exact date and surely wouldn't use the terms BC or AD.

I can't tell the date of my birth, I don't remember the event, I can only tell you what others have told me! LOL

So based on the very small amount of reading I've done on this point, I'd say you won this one!

8. You're not still sour that he proved that it's "scientifically impossible" for stars to form by declaring it as fact are you?

:rofl:

-ArtificialGrape

9. The Bible tells you how to go to Heaven, not how the heavens go. --Pope John Paul II​

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

In other words, "We're in the business of warm fuzzy feelings, not accurate information".

11. This thread is not going well for Peace Warrior is it?

12. Who? :rofl:

13. I know, even the name is stupid. But you know... the person that ran their mouth, started this thread with baseless nonsense, called me a coward for not starting it myself, and then ran away with tail between legs once things got real. That guy.

You know it doesn't bother me when someone is stupid once. We all have bad days when we stick our foot in our mouth or say something we can't possibly back up. But there's like 4 believers that frequent this place that do it on a regular basis and it's the same things over and over again. I don't see how people like that remember to breath without help. They'll make a bold claim with zero basis, not back it up, get completely torn down, and bolt. Only to come back next week not only with the same nonsense but claiming that no one has ever proven them wrong. That level of willful ignorance amazes me.

I know a fella like that personally. And he's a super believer. We go round and round constantly. His issue is an amazingly gigantic ego and the self-deluded idea that nothing he says is wrong because HE said it. Not sure if that's what's happening here or not.

#34 Glock36shooter, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Please allow me to apologize to you. I was rude and blunt with you. I was in a bit of a froth at Peace Warrior and you just happened to get in my line of sight. I read your earlier comment and colored it with the same tone in which I was reading Peace Warriors. I shouldn't have done that. You were making a separate comment all together. So I'm sorry for being short with you.

15. They're used to preaching to the choir which praises them for their insights. They can't grasp how their "insights" look to those not predisposed to agree with them. They don't understand your opposition so they repeat the same arguments over and over. Eventually what you're saying begins to get through. These people stop posting because they know the answers they're going to get. Some of them go on spiritual journeys and reevaluate what they know in light of what they have learned. Some of them come back, some of them don't. However, all of them are changed by what they learn here. It's difficult to accept that your worldview is incorrect.

16. that's where i stopped reading. i vote this is now a gif thered.
    [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

19. It's ok! I know that things get heated at times and I'm guilty of the same myself at times! Besides, when I signed up for the internet many moons ago, they gave me a thick-skin for free! LOL