The Holy Bible is both historically and scientifically correct.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Peace Warrior, Oct 17, 2012.

1. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Where's your empirical evidence you seem to require from everyone else? Demonstrate for the class why there is a saturation point, what the value is? Is the C14 actually going up?

You can just post a link to the creationist apologist web site you're quote mining from if you don't understand a thing about what you're saying, which is becoming painfully obvious. No sense you botching up descriptions of flawed theories.

Randy

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. What empirically is difference between our sun and other stars?

Are you aware that astronomers know a great deal about stars? We can tell their size, their chemical make-up, their temperture, their absolute magnitude and their lifespan!

Do you know they are able to extract this information through several overlapping methods (thus independently varifiable results).

Have you ever seen the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram?

[​IMG]

Spectroscopy?

[​IMG]

...or standard candles, paralax, doppler shift, type 1A supernovae & variable stars (and their significance to determining distances).

There is PLENTY of evidence that our sun is a star. While no 2 stars are precisely the same, there is nothing significantly different about our star... it is a humdrum, main sequence run-of-the-mill star. Certainly nothing that would reclassify it as anything other than a star. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please present it to the Astronomical Union for peer review. Science LOVES opposing opinion. That is how we learn.

#262 wingryder, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

Even the inventor of carbon-14 dating knew there was a saturation point. You're simply trying to dance around the questions. Nice try... but you'd better hurry up and google again. Better luck with your renewed search.

ETA: I asked you two, yes or no questions.

Are you a supporter of the carbon-14 dating methodology?

Do you know if the Earth's atmosphere has reached the saturation point of carbon-14 yet?

#263 Peace Warrior, Nov 17, 2012
  4. Peace Warrior

CLM

Did you read the title of the thread? Certain folks I'll go tangential with, but others are usually smarter and can avoid it. Hint hint.

Stay on topic...

5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Are you suggesting that such "contamination" can not be readily identified in a sample and that researchers can not then correct for such error or eliminate the sample from the sample group altogether as biased due to external processes?

#265 Geko45, Nov 17, 2012
  6. Peace Warrior

CLM

I going to assume you are speaking of Psalm 93:1.

A few minutes with a Hebrew lexicon, or a Strong's Concordance, will easily fixed this supposed contradiction.

What particular chapter and verse in the Holy Bible are you referring to?

#266 Peace Warrior, Nov 17, 2012
  7. Peace Warrior

CLM

I was right the first time... a lemming. Thanks for sharing.

8. Yes, I read the entire thread. I am addressing your point that the sun is not a star. How is that off topic?

But you have not addressed a single question in my post. Simply dodged by saying I'm off topic.

9. Then all of a sudden...
    And then you admonish wingryder to
    What is the current topic? Have you abandoned presenting evidence that stars cannot form and decided to move on?

-ArtificialGrape

10. Do you think that carbon-14 dating is used to date the earth?

-ArtificialGrape

11. :popcorn:

12. ah..ok then seeing as how you haven't been right once yet in this thread I'm just gonna let that go. Btw I've really enjoyed the last 11 pages of you making your self look like a blatant idiot who most likely couldn't pass high school biology,physics or even chemistry. Seriously its a comedy at this point and I'm not sure you realize that you're the butt of the joke.

PW- You're a real winner,truly getting a lot out of that online education of yours huh? Remind me, what classes did you take? Your degree is in what? Because as far as I can tell all of your info/opinions about science are coming directly from the internet for wholly unqualified sources( if provided at all).

Now I'll just sit back and continue to watch you be torn apart by just about EVERYONE. I mean that have you noticed that no one is coming to your defense, not one. FFS that are members on this board who are whack job religious and even they don't have your back on this one.....does that tell you nothing?? At any point have you stepped backed and asked yourself why NO ONE agrees with you? Perhaps you're just not as smart as you liked to think you are?

You can call me a lemming ( I've been called worse by people who's opinion I actually respect). But at least I'm not a self-delusional, barely educated fool who doesn't quite grasp BASIC science, yet thinks he's intellectually on par with Stephen Hawkings.

It saddens me to know that people actually have to tolerate you in person. Your personality alone is intolerable.

13. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Reduced to changing others words? You truly have reached the nadir haven't you?
    I've forgiven you for not responding up to this point, in fact I've come to expect it. Why would now be any different?

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Yes

Never heard anyone even bring this up.

Here's my 2 questions: where's the evidence that the atmosphere is or is not saturated yet. What's the relevance of whether the atmosphere is or is not saturated to carbon-14 dating.

If you're feeling generous, you can even explain what you think saturation of the atmosphere with regards to carbon-14 actually is. Define it, explain how you would determine what the saturation point is. How saturated with C14 is the atmosphere now?

Randy

#274 steveksux, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  15. Peace Warrior

CLM

Still dancing, but point of order here, the answer from you for this question would be "No," correct?

Right???

16. Peace Warrior

CLM

Please re-read this post of yours. Period. (Yeah, even you, meaning YOU, yeah, you'll get "it" eventually... I was right from the get go.)

#276 Peace Warrior, Nov 19, 2012
  17. Peace Warrior

CLM

You're way off! For instance, when did I say the Sun was not a star?

Be careful... :whistling:

18. Peace Warrior

CLM

When we look at the star closest to our own SOLAR SYSTEM, all we see, with the best telescope available at this present time, is basically a "dot of light."

However, when we look at "our" Sun, we can see all kinds of activity and even witness what we refer to as solar flares, which affect us between 8 minutes and up to several days later. We can plan on it due to our empirical scientific observations of the Sun in our galaxy.

Yet, other stars, even the closest ones we can look upon with telescopes, they are merely "dots," or "pinpoints" of light if you will, and we witness NOTHING as we do when we observe our own Sun.

The stars "out there" may be just like our Sun, and or our Sun may be just just like those other stars, but one thing is for sure...

We do not know with empirical scientific certainty that our Sun and those stars are just alike; therefore, they MAY or MAY NOT be alike, we don't really know to an empirical scientific certainty if they are or are not the same.

ETA: Maybe someday we will know, but right now, current Science cannot tell us for sure.

#278 Peace Warrior, Nov 19, 2012
  19. Dude, I very agnostic, but I might be able to buy into that whole quite woman thing.

It it ever worked???

20. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Demonstrably false. This is a visible light image (aka photograph) of Fomalhaut-b. A planet in orbit of a start aproximately 25 light years away. The planet is three times the size of Jupiter and I would concede that the planet itself is a mere "dot" to us, but the star most certainly is not.

[​IMG]

#280 Geko45, Nov 19, 2012