close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Heavy 2in1 Blaster Project

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by HEAVY, Jun 5, 2007.

1. HEAVY

HEAVY
    Expand Collapse
    "Verify!"

pareho kami ni saki may 2in1 1911 project.

2 slides fitted to 1 frame.

mine is in 2 calibers though, .45 and 9mm.

the existing gun is .45 while the 2nd upper assembly will be in 9mm.

do you guys foresee a problem?

the initial difficulty i anticipate will be because of the difference in the barrels, the existing gun uses a non-ramped barrel, the 9mm barrels i see available are all ramped.

the cheaper move seems to be to "unramp" the 9mm barrel. (ramped .45 barrels being quite expensive.)

will that work? do you think there will be problems? will 9mm feed reliably on the "unramped" barrel?

any thoughts or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks, brothers.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

i am more interested on how one can register/license a second caliber on a single frame.... is it possible?

am also toying on a .45/.40 singlestack project :supergrin:

3. tigra

tigra
    Expand Collapse

pards, sa D80 na lang para walang problema kahit paiba-iba ang lens:animlol: :rofl:

sorry HEAVY for the OT reply....inaasar ko lang si JuDGe:cheers:

4. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Heavy, in a 1911 frame & slide, major differences between the 2 calibers is the case rim size, which in turn will have different ejector locations on the frame (measured from the firing pin center line). So a 9mm slide may fit on a 45 frame set-up using the orig. ejector location, after extensive slide mods. of the 9mm slide's ejector track. It may not eject properly. OTOH, a 45 slide may be fit on a 9mm frame with the orig. ejector location, with min. mods. on the 45 slide (pero sigurado may awang pag tingnan mo sa rear side), may or may not eject reliably, and might be unsafe unloading a live 45 round, due to the proximity of the 9mm ejector to the 45 primer.:supergrin:

5. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

i think another problem you might encounter aside from the ramped type barrel of the 9mm, though you can change also your barrel with ramped or fabricate it with your existing 45 barrel, is the extractor. extractors of 9mm and 45 have different dimension.

judge, 40 and 45 uubra in 2-in-1. i saw one, in para frame. 45 extractor can be used with 40.

6. boholglock

boholglock
    Expand Collapse

When you are into it, please share me your recipe... What parts did you use for your project gun, etc.

Thanks in advance.

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

the ejector can be left unpinned and replaced when changing calibers. but the major problem i see will be the ramped barrel of the 9mm. mas feasible pa ang .40 and 9mm/.38super conversion than .45/.40

8. ahtsay

ahtsay
    Expand Collapse

Talaga Doc?? So pwede ko na convert standard gun ko into an open gun? :supergrin: completo na top end ko eh, frame nalang kulang. Kung pwede, e di tipid pa!:thumbsup:

9. HEAVY

HEAVY
    Expand Collapse
    "Verify!"

hmmm....more complicated than i thought.

doc e.c., the ramp on the 9mm barrel can be milled off, right? para pareho na sila nung .45?

didn't count on the ejectors being different on on the 9mm and .45.

is there a solution?

10. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

puwede! :supergrin:

[​IMG]

11. ahtsay

ahtsay
    Expand Collapse

Pwede ba C-More? Mahal Docter eh....chaka may C-More nako eh..hehehe!! Papano yan? May butas frame for the scope mount? Tapos can I use my STi mag tubes na 40 cal for 38S? Palitan ko spring and follower or are the 38S tubes a totally different dimension? :)

Heavy sorry pag nakikisingit ako sa thread mo ha, maganda kasi idea mo eh, na excite tuloy kami:supergrin:

12. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmm...with those two little ejector legs unpinned and not force fit for easy replacement, would this be reliable? Got to try this out..... :upeyes:

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Bakit pa kayo nagtitiis sa 2 slide, one frame setup. Ang mura ng Armscor na 9mm, kuha na lang kayo ng complete unit. :supergrin:

Para din ya'ng D40 at multi lens setup. Tingnan nyo si Doc at Gundog, bumili na rin ng isa pang body na D80. :animlol: :tongueout:

Mahirap mag tono ng different uppers. One may work and the other won't. So kakalikutin mo. Maapektuhan na naman yung working setup.

Plus, if you have one na tight fit at yung isang medyo maluwang, pag mag wear down na yung tight, mas lalong luluwang sa kabila naman.

In the end, get two frames. One can never have too many guns anyway. :supergrin:

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

heavy: high pressure round ang 9mm, bad idea to mill the ramp.

ahtsay: tama si mco, kuha ka na lang ng ibang frame kung open gun gusto mo.

jbj16: the ejector is held in place by the slide, so it can't jump off the frame. i've seen several gunsmiths yank out the pins holding the ejector and said pwede naman wala yun pin.

mco: kumuha ka na ng battery grip? hahaha! gastos na naman!!! wala na ko pambili ng bagong frame ko for standard!

15. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

Do not mean to hi-jack this thread but I also have a 2-in-1 project. Still working on .38 Super conversion for my RIA 9mm. But Col. Bayang advised me that he can also do 3-in-1, 9mm and .38 Super on one upper and .40 Cal in another upper. I'm also interested on a .40 Cal setup.

16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

yup! tama yan darwin! pwede mo kasi gamitin .40 slide for .38super and 9mm. si Mark gamit niya .40 caspioan slide for his .38 super open gun, no problems at all. very minimal naman difference, 0.02in

ang maganda dyan,lahat yan gumagamit ng ramped barrel. so isang frame, pwede na for 3

tapos yung mga .45cal magazines, pwedeng i-modify ni col. bayang to use .40cal ammo

17. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

Cool. :)

Thanks Doc

18. HEAVY

HEAVY
    Expand Collapse
    "Verify!"

good point. :)

19. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Korek na korek! Any way pwede na kung pwede lahat ng scheme na yan. But if it was me, I'd definitely use these set-ups as purely range guns (pang laro)only. Never for my personal carry weapon. That's just me.;)

20. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

i dont think there would be any problem, especially when it comes to the same caliber, from standard to short barreled. we already tried one, wala gagalawin sa frame it would be the slide and the barrel that needs the job to fit it into the frame. i'll post the picture when i get the chance to take it. there would be no problem when it comes to reliability kung yun orig slide nakakabit wala problema, wala din problema sa repalcements. defitintely wala probelema when for self defense use, my project will be for my service fa. mas mahirap nga kung sa laro mo gamitin, mdali mag-iba ng fitting dahil it will be in excessive use, and the only problem that may arise is the "alog" of frame and slide. when it comes to 45 and 40, as far as i know some gunsmith can use the ejector of 45 in 40, still nothing to do nor fix with the frame.