close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The "gun problem" is a "black problem"

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Vic777, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Source? Not picking at ya, just wondering where you got this information.

My first thoughts were that the IQ of black people that identify as black would have lower average IQs. Who's putting them down as black? Is it the test taker themselves or the test givers?

There are plenty of people that many would call black that don't identify as black. Like Morgan freeman said, "I am not a minority, I am a human being and there are over 7 billion of us." I don't consider myself white and I study evolution enough to know that there is no genetic distinction between the races. It's all just variations in skin tone. It's not even a cultural thing across the board. A short conversation with Eminem and Neil deGrasse Tyson would prove that point.

I suppose that if we all went down to Sherwin Williams and picked a sample card that closest matched our skin tone and then called ourselves that color name then that would be more accurate but it's still a stupid criteria for dividing ourselves. I'd be Ambitious Amber and I could point out that we're smarter on average than the Gallant Goldies but I'd be an idiot that needs somebody to feel better than to do so.

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/sherwin_williams/color_options/images/SW-ColorOpt-03.gif

Somebody that will check the black or African American box to describe themselves has already bought into the idea that there is such a thing as race when there really isn't which shows a predisposition to lower intelligence and a level of gullibility that would lead one to expect the IQ results that you posted. The smartest "black" people like to avoid this condescension and attempt to pigeon hole them for someone else's gain. I have met many of them even when working for HUD for years.

I never mark race boxes on anything because that information is only used to separate us into groups and build cases for giving more tax money and special concessions to minority groups. I'm not as opposed to social programs as most here but I would at least like to see it distributed on the basis of need rather than race.

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    On what Constitutional authority?

4. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
  5. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Ask me how much I care if you think I'm telling the truth. The guy that commented right before you is advocating that drug and alcohol users be executed by the government and you decided to harp on my interview fib yet again? One can only assume that you agree with his point more than mine. That's pretty telling.

6. Um, yeah. Prohibition was an utter failure. So it was changed and worked out fine.

Time to do that with marijuana.

7. Blacks are about 15% of the population and commit about 50% of the gun homicides.

Doesn't matter whether the reason is no fathers, brain size, economics, etc...facts are facts. If we don't admit they are the biggest problem then we can't start to figure out why and then address it.

Pretty simple logic. But no politically correct. So, they demonize white guys with assault weapons because you can say anything bad or derogatory about that group and most everyone applauds.

8. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Mar 20, 2009
    Out There
  9. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Enough to get mad and respond? Just sayin'

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Mad? That's funny. It's actually quite therapeutic for me to point out blatant ignorance. Thank's for the pick-me-up.

11. TX OMFS

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    No, you're mad.

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    At least its a therapy you don't expect the tax payers to cover.

13. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Oooooh, scathing retort you have there fella. :rofl:

14. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    At least, but my main therapy is shooting so if ammo gets any more expensive I might need a government subsidy. :tongueout:

15. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

If you live in Chicago and you are black, you are EIGHTEEN times more likely to commit a murder than if you are white.

I worked through the numbers the other day and posted a thread in Gun Control Issues titled "Murder is Not a Gun Control Issue". I will put a link in here tomorrow if anyone doubts the truth of what the numbers show.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470229

16. TX OMFS

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    See, you're mad. Sorry he upset you.

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    No, that was directed at you. CF just slipped in between us. Not mad at him either. I find him quite amusing. He hates me with a passion and bends over backwards to avoid the fact that I agree with him on a lot and think he's pretty adept at the art of the damn good point. He just can't see mine as often as I see his. Amusing as hell. :supergrin:

18. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Feb 14, 2010
    Boonies New Mexico
    The gun problem is a black problem.

The black problem is the dude that is the prez-o-dent

19. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlNrtcPCLw"]Cypress Hill - Insane In The Membrane - YouTube[/ame]

20. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    That was because they had been able to build large wealthy criminal organizations with the profits of supplying alcohol during prohibition. They then used those facilities to expand into different criminal activities. Like any business, large scale crime needs finance and organization.

So what is being done now is expanding the scope of criminal business even further. Since we have demonstrated that we cannot win the war on drugs we have two policy choices. We can starve the drug suppliers of income by providing cheap drugs to users and use the money and wealth that has gone into that to fight violent crime ruthlessly. Alternatively we can completely change our tactics and start aiming our activity against drug users. Once well to do and important people start being imprisoned for buying or possessing cocaine and so on, consumption would drop rapidly and drug dealing would drop with it. This too will starve the criminal suppliers of income. This won't stop drug dealing but it would greatly reduce it. It won't happen because it would cost too many votes!

English