close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The gun board is stupid!

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Villainous1, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Villainous1

Villainous1

Aug 27, 2007
    Michigan
    I was at the monthly gun board today and they are so pointless. They were "interogating" this guy about 2 speeding tickets and a warning ticket he had on his record from 3 years ago. They were persistant about wanting him to explain it.
    Then with gloomy faces they all take a vote and all have to say "aprove" before the young man can go upstairs to get his license.
    I've heard people talk about how useless these gun boards are, but i always dismissed your opinions for crazy gun nuts, but witnessing it first hand was eye opening.

2. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Jan 7, 2002
    Canton Mi
    What does "shall Issue" mean? Thats what I would say. Unless they can prove he has done something wrong that disqualifies him. They can take a long walk off a short pier. I do understand them wanting to make sure he is not a idiot. But, 3 years ago?

3. Tack

Tack

Oct 24, 2005
    usa
    well, when you have a bunch of people all tell you that the gun boards are worthless and "try" to deny people, it isn't a coincidence. The reason they ask those questions is to see how you react and what your response will be. If they don't "like it", they will try to deny you, fortunately for us, they really can't do that anymore with shall issue. It's funny watching them try though. They go through the motions, acting all concerned and hesitant, then they all go "well, I guess, approved"... thanks for the vote of confidence. I didn't see one person go there and be approved with a smile, or statement of "you are a upstanding citizen, thanks for caring enough to protect yourself and your loved ones." They hate us mere peasants being armed and carrying.

I hope that eventually this gunboard business will be finished and no longer used. It does not accomplish anything other than insulting the people of that county, and frankly it's sad. The prosecuting attorney for Ottawa County, after losing the case against a allegan reserve deputy, stated that the courts have made gunboards "powerless." Well, thats what shall issue means, you have no power, it is an administrative job that should be left to the secretary of state's office like all other licenses. They are still trying to live like this is a May Issue state, and have lost/will lose, now that it isn't anymore, thank God.

4. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Mar 7, 2005
    Michigan
    The gun board is nothing but the kids that were on your block, that you never played with. Now that they are all grown up and still useless, they are seeking revenge.

5. TAC-GLOCK

TAC-GLOCK

Jul 23, 2007
    Macomb, MI
    Speeding tickets? :rofl: Those are minor traffic infractions that would have nothing at all to do with being approved, or denied for a CPL.

6. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22

Sep 9, 2007
    Fraser, MI
  7. The gun board is stupid!

Yep I agree.

When I went my approval was delayed until I got a medical release because I had went to a grief counselor after my step daughter was killed by a illegal alien drunk driver.

8. Villainous1 stated in another post it was Ottawa county.

9. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Apr 11, 2002
    N. IN

You must be in Kent County.

10. Villainous1

Villainous1

Aug 27, 2007
    Michigan
    Trouble is correct, Ottawa County gun board. I was sitting watching them argue with the man about his speeding tickets 3 years ago and I couldn't understand why. He claimed he only had 2, and he got a warning ticket once, but they said he had 3. Also he was in an accident where a drunk driver hit him and they probed him about that.

11. Ottawa county

I went through the second month the law went into affect.

It took me another 2 months to satisfy there concerns. I found a Doctor through a contact at MCRGO to go to the board with me.

It was a big PITA.

When I renewed I was not required to go before the board.

The county boards need to go.

12. Warhorse

Warhorse

Jun 19, 2004
    MI
    Truer words have never been spoken.

13. snakebyte

snakebyte Gun Nut

Nov 4, 2007
    Brighton, MI
    How are the livingston county boards? Same crap?

14. Tom N.

Tom N.

Jan 22, 2000
    Indiana
    Gun boards stink. We get to go before them here in Cass county. It was pretty quick and painless, but it's the principle of it.

15. Scooter70

Scooter70

Sep 8, 2006
    SE Michigan
    Boy am I glad that we don't have to go through that BS here in Oakland County. I'm sorry to hear that you guys have to do it.

16. Glock 19 God

Glock 19 God Banned

Jul 15, 2007
    The Mitten State
    The Saginaw County gun board ran by good old Charlie Brown is a joke, as well. They were trying to give me a hard time about speeding tickets from when I was 16. They reminded me before the "vote" that they can revoke my license for anything including a speeding ticket.

17. bearclaw

bearclaw

Apr 13, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    3 years ago Livingston County was 3 quick questions and an "approved", but then again I didn't have even a speeding ticket on my record :tongueout:

18. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Jun 20, 2007
    Flint, MI
    My CCW instructor told us that a gun board is just a bunch of guys put in place to make you think they don't have to give you the permit.

Then he said, and I quote "That's hog s***."

19. TAC-GLOCK

TAC-GLOCK

Jul 23, 2007
    Macomb, MI

You would think they could do something more meaningful with our tax dollars! :rant:

20. Macomb County was totally painless, just a few standard questions. Took all of 30 seconds. Of course, Macomb County became a shall issue county long before the state changed over. Pretty gun friendly here.