close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, Jan 12, 2011.

1. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    I have been a member here for quite some time just not an avid poster. I am a member in several other related and non related forums, and there are only so many hours in a day. LOL

This coming Sunday I will have been married to my best friend/beautiful young wife for one year.

I still havemy original Glock, a 23, I bought in 2000. It has multiple thousands of rounds through it and is going strong. I just bought my 35 last week and hope to start shooting some action pistol matches soon with it. My wife has had her G26 for about a year now and loves it. She never leaves home without it. Unfortunately she is a very good shooter with very little experience. Hopefully my male ego will hold up when she out shoots me on a regular basis in a few years.

2. I'll be 60 in twenty years.

I hope we are living in a better world by then.

Post #2242, just got back from vacation in the Avon OBX.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

3. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I wanted to shoot myself in the head. So I did some research for the best gun to do this and I stumbled upon this site.

4. Now I know why you post what you post.:okie:

5. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Welcome aboard ! ! !

6. engineer151515

engineer151515

Nov 3, 2003
    Oh look! They've been to Saturn. Hey, I've been to Saturn! Whoa. Sandworms. You hate 'em right? I hate 'em myself!
    -Betelgeuse

7. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mar 6, 2005
    Raccoon City
    You never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

8. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  9. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    I think Ill be 47 and then I get a little sad. But it sounds like a lot of fun.

10. SomeDay

SomeDay

Mar 15, 2005
    California
    To you and everyone else here who served, THANK YOU. And, FWIW, I am thankful that you are still here to talk about it!

11. Kobura

Kobura Resident Reptil

Aug 8, 2011
    Eastern Pennsyltucky
    I wanted to shoot into the air when I heard Bin Laden was killed. I wasn't able to because I was living in Mother Jersey, and promptly hated myself for it.

I have since rectified that situation.

Still no work. Maybe soon, but no work.

My 10x11ft (3.3x3.7m for the rest of the world...) room looks like a deranged amateur armorer/paramilitary-wannabe/mass murderers. I am three of these four things (deranged of course! and... I'll let you guess the others). I have no plans to change this.

Haven't been to any competitive shoots, hoping to go to Topton GSSF next weekend... we'll see what fate says.

Still a loser. Card-carrying. (My RPGA card is right in there with my license, CCW, SocSec card, birth cert...)

I own almost as many items of camouflaged clothing as I do civvies. This is an unacceptable ratio... maybe I can paint some of the jeans mottled jungle colors.

A little snapshot of my life~

12. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Still shooting lead in 2011, but the wheel weights around here are mostly zinc now.

:crying:

13. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    It’s now 9:40 AM Eastern time. 10 years ago at this time both towers of the WTC were burning. The world we knew had just changed forever. Innocent people died that day, and we went to war. Everyone is affected in some way, some more than others.

It’s 4:40PM over here in Iraq, and I just got back from a ceremony paying tribute to the victims and heroes of 9/11. I also know that everyone here with me is here because of what happened that day.

Never forget, never surrender. :patriot:

14. saspic

saspic Howdy Y'all! CLM

Jan 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Bless you and your brothers & sisters in arms for all you do for us, Lone_Wolfe.:patriot:

Hopefully in 20 years we will all, with concerted effort, be more free than we are in 2011.

And if you are reading this in 2031, make sure you do the same for the generations to follow.

15. Silent_Runner

Silent_Runner Can you hear me

Apr 10, 2008
    Off the Deep End!
    I agree with this entire post. God bless all who have served in the military or civilian service. This goes for all first responders also.:patriot:

16. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I can't wait to see what remains of our enemies in the '30s. Hopefully, our heads get screwed on right, and we decisively eliminate them.

17. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    Thank you Someday. I know I shouldn't still be here, but I am, so I'm thankful too. :wavey:

Thank you saspic. We're all grateful to the first responders, the military, the people on Flight 93, all the heroes we commonly think of, but there's some that come from unlikely places. If you don't already know the story of Rick Rescorla, read this. A retired Colonel saved the lives of 2700 people that day by having prepared them with evec drills long before the attack. The right person in the right place, and what a good death. :patriot:

Damn, I sure hope so!

18. travis34769

travis34769

Mar 12, 2007
    orlando
    I got to see the Taurus .380 revolver for the first time 5 days ago. Awesome revolver. Cant wait to get one and shoot it!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  19. marv

marv Millennium Member

Dec 22, 1998
    South coast of Indiana
    I hope Glock Talk is here 20 yrs from now. Also hope the 2nd ammendment is still with us.
    Not meaning to pee in the Cherrios, but does anyone believe that the technology will exist in 20 yrs to read this Time Capsule? After my short time of piddling with 'puters I have stacks of 3.5" and 5.25 disks that I can't read.