close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, Jan 12, 2011.

1. transformers0704

transformers0704

Feb 14, 2011
    who knows the current war might end in 3 year. new president in power make good changes this time.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. KiloXray

KiloXray

Sep 28, 2009
    Earth
    Hopefully when this thread is resurrected in 2031, we will have a better mastery of the English language.

Cheers to a six month late 2011 federal budget resolution. Yay Congress.

3. k594

k594

Dec 16, 2006
    Northern Arizona
    im 30 years old... will be 50 , im a type 1 diabetic whos been battling it for 18 years, have a beautiful wife and 2 cats, a pretty dang good career and lots of dreams and aspirations... well see how many of those ive accomplished by then.. we live in a small town in northern Arizona .
    hoping to see our military out of harms way by then as well god willing

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Utah
    In twenty years I will be 77 my wife 82

I expect to be living in the middle of nowhere doing as little as possible. Except for the occasional hike into even deeper forests enjoying the wilderness and solitude. The long hikes will give me deep satisfaction in knowing I have mastered my life, achieving complete balance in all things.

Either that or in a nursing home glaring at everyone. :tongueout:

5. Misty02

Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Florida
    Above everything I want my children and grandchildren to be healthy, happy, safe and free 20 years from now and for the rest of their lives.

I’ve changed a lot since I started carrying, for the better as far as dealing with strangers is concerned. I wonder how much more I’ll change in the next decade or two. In 20 years I’ll be 69. I wonder if I’ll still be carrying and what I’ll be carrying.

I had a “no guns in my home” attitude when my children were small and failed to provide important safety information as they grew up. Thankfully it never became an issue but if it had, they would have been completely unprepared. Things are different today and my grandchildren’s upbringing is different in that respect.

If anyone had told me 20 years ago that I would have this much fun shooting and taking tactical classes :sigh: I could have been an expert by now. It has become an activity that the family enjoys doing together, a shame that I’ve wasted all this time.

I cannot imagine wanting my life to be any different than it is today; well, perhaps a little more money and a little more time to enjoy it.

We’re about to approach the hurricane season in FL (I’m in Miami), a season that frazzles me some. I hope that all my preparations are only needed for minor interruptions of power this season and all seasons to come. With that same thought, I hope all our self-defense preparations are never needed and that all our ammo is just used for fun at the range.

I have three grandchildren from my daughter with the youngest being just 5 month old. Not because I’m their grandmother but I believe they are the most gorgeous children in the world (ok, maybe because I’m their grandmother geezzz :grin: ) None yet from my two sons.

My current main carry is a G19. We’ll see if in 20 years I have the 1911 I’ve been drooling over.

I pray that the US remains the country that my parents selected to bring us up in. All our lives they’ve been telling us that there is no country like it in the whole wide world and I fully agree with their statement.

Here is wishing you and your families the best.... :wavey:

6. Misty02

Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Florida

I will help you! :supergrin:

Don’t let it be said that I’ve never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

:outtahere:

7. buster hyman

buster hyman pistolero

Aug 23, 2008
    florida
    I'm planning to be rich by then, if all goes well. :supergrin:

8. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

Apr 5, 2011
    I just joined GT a few weeks ago and love it. In 20 years I will likely be bowing in reluctant servitude to our robot overlords, and the statement "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell" will have a whole new meaning.

All hail the robot overlords. :)

9. ATL_GLOCK

ATL_GLOCK

Aug 4, 2010
    Atlanta
    hmmm current trends...how about beard sweaters?

[​IMG]

10. Long Tom Coffin

Long Tom Coffin

Mar 5, 2011

I think I'll be 50, young pup. :)

I'd like to personally thank (sarcastically) Eric for starting this thread. The thought of turning 30 this year was sobering enough but now he has made me think about turning 50. :faint:

11. Long Tom Coffin

Long Tom Coffin

Mar 5, 2011
    I wonder exactly how things will be in 20 years. We are on the verge of running out of Fossil Fuels around that point, so I hope everyone has plenty of EBR's :)

12. snowcrash75

snowcrash75

Mar 15, 2010
    In 20 years, will Chuck Norris be more or less respected here?

13. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Is the world really getting faster, more dangerous, less spiritual? Are we really losing our sense of right and wrong? Is technology making our lives easier, or more difficult?

Or have we embraced those things, and brought them to fruition?

14. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mar 6, 2005
    Raccoon City
    GT was the first place I visited once I read of Bin Laden's death.

15. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    It 20 years, they will still be arguing over if he is really dead or living with Elvis and hitler under the protection of the Federal Reserve at Roswell.

16. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    GT was HOW I found out. What great news to wake up to here in the sandbox. :cool:

17. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Bin Laden is Dead. We were chasing him for almost half my life. I'm 21 now. Hopefully in 20 years I will have finally graduated college.

18. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    The Glock Rifle will still be on its way this summer in 20 years. And maybe we will have the 380s in the us. A finally a single stack 9mm. Yep in 20 years everyone will be wanting the same things we want now

19. true believer

true believer Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    i'd put in a bunch of pic's of all the friends i've met on gt..some from all over the country with 1 commom ground..love of guns and good friends..
    some who i'd call a sister and some brothers..but all great friends who if i could do anything i would..
    :wavey:
    bob