The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

Been on GT for over 10 years. Have made, kept and lost an assortment of friends here. I moved from Santa Cruz to the South in pursuit of re-starting my marriage and raising a family under better cost of living conditions. Family didn't get started. My fault for biting that hook, I should have known better. I'm not squallin' about it, but I am disappointed that I have to be the bad guy when my desires were made clear from the start and I even offered a "second chance".

Ah well, here's my mantra now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSeq_5ZyXI

It'll be interesting reviewing this thread in 20 years. I look forward to showing it to my kids. :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

I've been posting here almost 3 years. I picked my handle from one of my favorite movies. In truth, it's a good thing my original request to join got lost somewhere in cyberspace, I had chosen a different handle.

In any case, I picked it because of this: http://t.co/Mla4kJ4

True Grit has now been successfully remade. In 20 years, they will probably remake it again, starring Justin Bieber.

In the meantime, I want the Coen brothers to remake the "Rooster Cogburn" sequel, starring John Goodman as Rooster, and Kathryn Ohara as the Catherine Hepburn part.

3. Obviously,what will the current presidents overall affect be on our economy and guns?
    How strict will vehicle emissions be controlled? Hopefully i will still have my soot blowin Chevy.

4. LOL!!! I hope the same for myself.

Jeez.... Ill be 43 in 20 years........ so old....:whistling:

#124 infiniti0505, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  5. In twenty years I'll be long gone.I hope people will talk of deputy tom in a kind manner.I hope my posts contributed to the enjoyment of the other GT'ers.If I've offended anyone please forgive me.tom.

6. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

Moved On Over To Page Six For Posterity!!

7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee
    CLM
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Where you been, my friend? :wavey:

8. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

In 20 years I'll 68. If I'm lucky I'll still be able to breath on my own, think for myself and be independent.

Right now my health isn't the best. Last week I learned that I won my SSD hearing/case and I am now officially "on disability". Now I just have to find a doctor that is willing to stand behind me in applying for medical retirement after 26 years of employment with my current employer, as my current doctor is an asshat and thinks that all I want to do is sit at home, watch TV, lay in bed & eat bon-bons all day...I don't even like bon-bons!

I currently have 3 cats, as I recently inherited my mom's 2 cats after she unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack 3 months ago. Fortunately all three are getting along for the most part and they all seem to be adjusting.

I really miss my mom and still have to resist the urge to pick up the phone just to call and say 'howdy', as well as bet on the weekly football games during football season.

I'm still in the SCA, although I can't get out to events as much as I'd like to due to my health. I missed "Estrella War" this year as I had to work. The weather sucked half the time anyway, so it's just as well.

So far 2011 is turning out to be a so-so year. Society continues to run down the drain, the economy sucks and the illegals continue to suck our country dry. Eventually everything is going to implode. I just hope I'm not around to see it, as it's not going to be pretty!

Baseball season is getting ready to start in a month or so...Go D-Backs!

Hopefully in 20 years things will improve despite the way things are now.
    Hopefully in 20 years I will no longer be single.
    Hopefully in 20 years I will still have all of my faculties.
    Hopefully in 20 years I will be okay financially.
    Hopefully in 20 years I will have less stuff cluttering up my house.
    Hopefully in 20 years GT will still be here!

B. [​IMG]

9. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

Check your PM box!!

:cool:

10. Am I too late?

My butt itches.

:alex:

11. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

:)

In 20 years, I'll be old....

Sharon and Chad your posts remind me of my thoughts driving onto my street tonight coming home from work.

An elderly couple lives on the corner. They were working on something on their driveway. As they moved about, they shuffled about their driveway.

She had her short gray hair. He his balding grey comb over.

I've had long hair most of my life. My hubby keeps his head cut very short.

I thought...will we look like that in 30 years?

I don't have grandchildren yet...but I pray I do in 20 years!

#131 kcb, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  12. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I don't know if I'm too late, but as I post today...the 8.9 Earthquake and 23 foot tsunami hit Japan in the early this morning USA time.

Another 4.4 Earthquake hit Hawaii a little while later.

Many people have been watching the news much of the day in disbelief of the devastation of the event.

13. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Hopefully, the reactors don't melt down. :wow:

Whoops, just read the news. Dayumn.....

And today, the NFL finally locked out the players.

#133 Angry Fist, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

14. In 20 years I will be in my forties. I don’t know what I will be doing then. I can’t hold a relationship stably now, and my two best friends are going back to china in 5 years or so, they will probably also get married in a few years. I like pop music, and currently live in NYC. I love it here and I have loved the chances I get to travel. It seems I can’t leave home enough, but I have not really been anywhere else I can imagine calling home.

15. If I'm not here in 20 years:

I buried a bunch of money at the corner of I-5 and Bowman in a red Folgers can. It's right as you get into Cottonwood.

By the time you find it it won't be worth the can it's buried in!!

gardener

16. I just turned 60 this year. I hope to be around in 20 years, but who knows-

I hope we get our country's financial problems behind us in 2031. Right now it looks grim, too much money is owed to too many people. My generation is going to eat up in govt. benefits much of the wealth that should be passed on to the next generation.

On the firearms front, I hope the 2nd amendment is still relevant. And that people still cherish the rights bestowed on us by our Creator.

Its the 100th anniversary of the 1911. I somehow feel confident if the 2nd is still alive and well, the 1911 will still be chugging along.

Wonder what kind of progress will be made in the reloading of ammo front. Progressives presses that run without human hands? Set it up, keep it fed and watch it crank out ammo?

If I'm not around in 2031, I hope the people I have met on this forum are doing well.

17. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

i think i'll be dead.

18. go wash it with soap now. make sure you put a rope on da soap.

19. in 20 years the USA would not be be called USA it would be called something else.
    we have a lot of wars we haven fought yet. looking at the trend the USA is going. there is always every freaking 5 years or so.

83 Grenada
    89 us invasion of panama
    90 91 Persian gulf war
    95 96 Bosnia war
    2001 invasion of Afghanistan
    2003 invasion of iraq
    then Pakistan
    now laybia

Remember you can keep on having wars with no consequences.:whistling:
    chances are there will be 5-8 wars before 20 years comes up.