The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, Jan 12, 2011.

1. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right!
    Lifetime Member

*sniff, that is beautiful bro!*

Tous!! Come back!!!!!

Could cap you now and make sure??? JK:whistling:

I have it on authority that I'm an ass. Even my best friends say so. My best friends also say that they will be with me to the bitter end. I think the end will be sweet, not bitter.
    ('bout this time I also hear, stfu...)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

I'm 35 and trying to build my new life from scratches after we decided to immigrate to Canada 2,5 years ago.
    Hopefully in 20 years I still will be alive and in good enough health to enjoy the life.
    I have the best wife, wonderful daughter and plans for peaceful future and quite colorful retirement.
    I'm just happy being half way thru with my life now.
    Time is going so fast...

3. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

If I am still alive ... note to self - Mountain House food stocks only have 7 yars of shelf life left on them.

Contact GamerGirl and see if she will dehydrate me some viddles.

4. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

20 years is a long time.

I joined here almost 10 years ago, and it has absolutely flown by.

5. RUSH2112

RUSH2112 Big Member

All we are....

is dust in the wind , dude

6. Alcoy

In 2031, hopefully retired. Shooting more and posting more on GT.

7. In 20 years, I don't know if I will still be around. If I am still around, I will be pushing 86 years of age, and probably won't know what I am doing. :dunno:

I spent 20+ years, in supervision in the trucking industry, making sure that supplies, and goods got to factories, stores, etc., so that people would have jobs, food, clothes, tv's, what ever they needed. It was stressful and hard, but got the job done. I then, spent 13+ years as an insurance agent. Another hard industry, but very gratifying. Met a lot of nice people, through that business. After my wife passed, I started working part time security, for a 100+ year old company. I have been doing that for 6 years, and get all around the area, and get into many interesting situations.

I am a life member of the Amateur Trapshooting Association. I shot actively for 35 years. I met and shot with people, from all over the world. I got into handguns, after I quit shooting trap. I enjoy shooting very much, and I also, like to do some fishing. Haven't been to Canada, fishing, for quite a few years now. Would like to go back to Canada, fishing again, before I die.

8. Burn

Burn Taco Hack

Contracting Gunsmith...looking for the "Better" place to ply my trade...

9. I hope that I'm still around in 20 years, still able to read & comprehend, and able to shoot.

Just started shooting IDPA & USPSA and I suck at it.... :embarassed: Lets see if I get any better in the next 20 years.... :rofl:

10. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

okies post count is 114,729............

By far the most ever here.

I wonder how big his post count will be in 20 years?

11. He will stop posting on December 21, 2012.

12. Cclass

CLM

Right now I'm watching my two GSD pups tearing it up. Twenty years from now I'll be missing them hell out of them. Right now we'd like to retire somewhere in the American southwest. It will be interesting to see if that's where I'm reading this time capsule from.

13. GTP

GTP

I have been a member of GT for over 10 years, have not posted much, more of a "reader", but do read everyday. I am a young almost 62 male and I expect to be still kicking in 20 years! The wife has been with me for 38 years and we have one granddaughter so far from our daughter. The son is 33 and still not married!

You never know where life takes you! I have been in industrial sales since out of college many moons ago (and am still in it). I don't intend to ever "retire" per say as I think that is a death sentence! But I don't intend to be in this job forever.

To that end, over the last three years, I developed a shotgun choke with a certain type port (one of my ambitions was to contribute to the shooting sports in some way). The choke has been patented and I will shortly be issued the official patent www.blackborechokes.com. The chokes are for sale to the public. This goes to prove that you are never too young to start something new!

My greatest wish is that I live long enough to see the grandchildren grow up in a prosperous USA. I hope and pray the US of A will still be around providing opportunities for all its citizens twenty years from now! My skepticism is winning out at this moment in time.
    GTP

14. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right!
    Lifetime Member

I came, I read, I joined.
    Have had some great things of it come too.

Posting more later.

15. In 20 years I will be :dunno: as I am going to be 62 this year. :faint:
    For as long as I can I will be :rofl: with all my GT friends. :cool:
    ..............Let the Game Begain

16. MikeG22

CLM

It's been 9 years on GT and this is now my 4000th post. I've stuck with GT longer than I stuck with my first wife by a longshot. Looking forward to post 10,000 in another 10 years. Haha

17. SCC

SCC Member Me

2/13/2011 hope to be around in 20 years

18. Hello 2031!!!!! Hope I'm still here! If I'm reading this I'll be 69 and retired. :tongueout:

19. Hopefully I will have graduated college.

20. Well...it's Valentine's Day of 2011. I'm sitting around messing with my laptop, periodically checking my iPhone 3G-S, and watching my 54" DLP TV. Right now I drive a 2010 Dodge Ram pickup with a 5.7L Hemi engine that has 390HP and gets about 16.5 mpg.

I can't comment on fashion...because I'm out of touch with it. Jeans and t-shirts or Polo style shirts are my preferred garb. About a week ago the Green Bay Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Superbowl, The San Francisco Giants are the defending World Series champions (they beat my Texas Rangers), and Tiger Woods is trying to make a comeback after his "mistress meltdown".

I watched some of the Grammy's last night. Most of the winners I couldn't stand or had never heard of. Eminem won a few for his "Recovery" album, which I was glad to see. Rhianna, Drake, Arcade Fire, Barbara Streisand, Eminem, Lady Gaga, and some others performed.

Well...I've lost interest in this. I tried to include things that are likely to drastically change in 20 years. Adios, folks.