close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, Jan 12, 2011.

1. 47 and feeling OK. Could use some companionship, but that ship sailed a while back. Gotta get on another boat I guess.

Not to get political, but its not gonna get any better here folks. The number of idiots on the right and left is increasing daily and its only a matter of time. Hopefully in 20 years I'm wrong . . .

2. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout Impossiblist

May 13, 2008
    Port St. Lucie
    half these people will be dead from eating mcdonalds every day.

3. I've been hanging around GT almost 10 years, it's been a fun, the bad part is all the money that GT's cost me.
    In 20 years I'll be close to 80 years old, so I'll either be senile, dead, or still reading GT daily and wondering where the trolls come from.
    Please pray that I've been able to escape from Illinois long before then.

And my fourth grandchild will be born this years and in 20 years my oldest grandchild will be 30 years years old.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  4. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I sure hope not also, LW sweetheart:smootchie::hugs::hearts:

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Hopefully we will be viewing GT from our cabin on the acme proving grounds.'08.

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I like 1911's, Mopars and Classic rock music, I guess I like the finer things in life:thumbsup:

7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    My name is Jason, and I live in MI.

I am part of a small group of pre2k members that still post to the forum with any regularity.
    I have been blessed with getting to know some of our great posters in some of the out of the way places on GT. Those that know what I am talking about including Kilgore, know just how good some of GT's members really are.

While I know this forum is generally dedicated to the Glock pistol.
    Everyone knows that the M1911 is king. In 20 years it will still reign supreme.

Wood and steel is still better than polymer and aluminum.
    Even though AR's are fun to shoot. Most of us still enjoy the ability to own full capacity magazines, and military like weapons. I hope my children can one day enjoy the freedoms that I do.

PM-OP always.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  8. mechanica

mechanica Texazonan.

Nov 17, 2009
    Big D
  9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I'll be knocking down 50 (hopefully.. :))

On this day, Okie only has 113k posts... :).

10. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Jun 18, 2005
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I just asked my 11 year old son if he wants to shoot the 1911's this weekend. He said, "Sure!".

He'll be shooting my 1911's and his AR-15, as well as anything else in which he wants to burn ammo.

I hope he wants to shoulder the M1 Garand through a dozen or so clips.

11. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Aug 7, 2002
    North Carolina
    I'm not usually one for this sort of stuff but you all are like family here in the GNG.

Been a rough past 6 months. My wife's dad died in November and I lost my dog Duke about a week later. Found out my mom has cancer and may only have about 2 years left.

On the bright side, I have a great wife, and wonderful little 3 year old girl, and another little girl on the way in June. We have jobs and a roof over our heads and don't want for anything except for everyone to stay healthy.

Anyway, here's to GT and everyone here. I hope we're all around 20 years from now and can check in here.

Greg

12. gh0st614

gh0st614

May 4, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    The Ice is in the Freezer.

Whats the point the world is ending in 2012.:whistling:

13. Chad Landry

Jun 18, 2005
    Corpus Christi, TX
    In addition, it's 2011, and I still don't have to ask permission to buy guns, ammo, or shooting accessories.

14. Smashy

Smashy

Jan 22, 2007
    Southwestern Oregon

Here's hoping that, 20 years from now, you won't have to add qualifiers like that when you start a thread. :supergrin:

15. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Central, MI
    I am 40 with 4 kids and have been married 19 years. Hopefully in 20 years I will be 60, Married 39 years and have a house full of grand kids!

16. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

May 18, 2004
    On the way to crazy
    In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!

17. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

18. Chad Landry

Jun 18, 2005
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I'll probably be dead by then, or beyond recognition.