The Great Outdoors Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Zombie Steve, May 12, 2013.

1. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος
    1. Project Mayhem

Bumpity Bump.

San Rafael Swell near Goblin Valley (this is a huge pic... I need to print up like a 3 panel set to display)

[​IMG]

Kolob Section of Zion NP

[​IMG]

Another one from Zion... a little more 'intimate'. Rigging for the Mystery Springs Rappel.

[​IMG]

Skyline Drive above my house.

[​IMG]

One more... mixin up the hemispheres just for fun... a cascade in northwestern Swaziland

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. A few from last weeks hunt... all with my cell phone.. not too shabby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Getting ready to go bust the brush on the elk hunt this year. Aspen / Snowmass is on the other side of that range in the distance...

[​IMG]

4. Tvov

That is a wild picture. From a game camera?

5. Yes, that is a game camera picture. The bait was legal roadkill, no one has hunted there,(for the benefit of the legal eagles).

6. This game cam pic. doesn't look real, but I assure you it's untouched... just came out perfect...

[​IMG]

A coyote wondering if the meal is worth it...

[​IMG]

#47 imaguy3, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

[​IMG]

Trees

I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.

Joyce Kilmer 1886 – 1918 Killed in combat WWI

#48 bustedknee, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  8. Tvov

This is kinda different from all the "big" pictures. Just an old stump that I zoomed in on about 20 feet away while bear hunting last month:

[​IMG]

#49 Tvov, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero
    CLM

Me hiking when I had legs, at about 12,000 feet, just under Deception Peak in the Sangre de Christo mountains. That is Santa Fe Baldy behind me.

[​IMG]

10. image.jpg
    Fishing at Lee's Ferry

11. Tvov

Deer hunt... didn't get any deer, but had a great time and almost got run over by a gang of deer. In first picture if you look carefully in the middle you can see the butt of a spike buck going uphill away from me. Antlers too small, not a shooter... at least as far as I could tell, as you can see by the brush it was tricky figuring out the antlers:

[​IMG]

Cool looking roots of tree... tree is still very much alive, just kinda tipped over and then curved up:

[​IMG]

A relaxed day of hunting... the folding hunting chairs we have (Cabela's "gobbler" turkey chairs) are quite comfortable for a good read:

[​IMG]

One picture of a place I had high hopes for, but didn't see anything. Last year my son almost had a doe walk over him here, but this year I didn't have any luck.

[​IMG]

12. Zombie Steve

Fun day hunting upland birds a few years back. Yes, hens were legit. Game preserve - if it flies, it dies.

[​IMG]

13. Zombie Steve

Not sure why, but this was always one of my favorite hiking pictures... Crags / back side of Pike's Peak.

[​IMG]

14. This is Silver Creek near Show Low, AZ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

You guys sure live in some beautiful places. Don't get me wrong, Kentucky certainly has it's beauty, but especially out in the western states it's just breathtaking!

16. Zombie Steve

Some nice views out here for sure.

I spent a lot of my formative years in Kentucky, and it definitely has its beauty. Come out to the western states for a few years and you'll appreciate it more. I miss walnut trees, sycamores and hardwoods in general. Here we have pine, aspen, more pine and scrub oak. :supergrin:

You know what I miss from living in Nebraska? Good dirt. The stuff out here sucks. You can't grow anything.

17. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero
    CLM

The view from my living room:

[​IMG]

18. WOW, you guys have beautiful country scenery, not the pancake flats of Florida, thanks for the pics.