close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Great Controversy

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, May 18, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    http://www.greatcontroversyonline.com/listen.html

This link will let you listen to the book online.

http://www.ellenwhiteaudio.org/en/gc/

This link will allow you to listen online or download the zip file to burn to CD and listen that way, or listen to the chapters at your leisure on your comptuer.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25833/25833-pdf.pdf

This link will allow you to read it online

http://www.great-controversy.org/StoryGrContro-sm.pdf

This link should allow you to read it online and save it to read for later in a PDF format.

2. That is just about the best historical book outlining the flow of Christianity and the battle between Christ and satan.

3. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Have you read it?

4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Wow, how long will it take to go through all these?

I never thought I'd be looking back longingly when you were posting videos "only" a couple of hours long... :tongueout::supergrin:

Randy

5. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, I figured out to give you whole books. I have others for you as well if you like.

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh, I couldn't, you've done too much already.... ;)

Randy

7. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Have you read it?

8. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
  9. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  10. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Well since the Great Contra. Is so riddled with errors I dont think I would have used it as an impact to this present age.

11. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    Nope, and I haven't read Dianetics either some things aren't worth the time.
    and if FCoulter says it is full of errors then it must be so, cause his church has the right name........SDA isn't in the Bible, but church of god is, so there!! :tongueout:

and also genocide, slavery, stoning to death..........

12. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    still looking for those trans-humans though......................

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  13. It has been edited a couple of times and historical insertions made. I think it is pretty accurate otherwise.

Perhaps it is a compliment coming from you that it contains errors as we don't seem to agree completely on most subjects.

14. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you came to a conclusion about something without viewing the material in question. Why is that?

15. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    I'm psychopathic or is it psychotic?

and Fred said it's full of errors

16. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    And as Paul states:
    1 Timothy 2:11-12
    New International Version (NIV)
    11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

How can you possibly put any trust in the words of a female prophet? Is it not unbiblical?

Wouldn't this alone discredit anything to do with SDA?

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  17. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas

It seems you really don't know your bible very well if you think a female can't be a prophet.

Judges 4:4-10, "
    <sup class="versenum">4 </sup>Now Deborah, <sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> a prophet, <sup class="crossreference" value='(J)'></sup> the wife of Lappidoth, was leading<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup> Israel at that time. <sup class="versenum">5 </sup>She held court <sup class="crossreference" value='(K)'></sup> under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah <sup class="crossreference" value='(L)'></sup> and Bethel <sup class="crossreference" value='(M)'></sup> in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided. <sup class="versenum">6 </sup>She sent for Barak son of Abinoam <sup class="crossreference" value='(N)'></sup> from Kedesh <sup class="crossreference" value='(O)'></sup> in Naphtali and said to him, “The Lord, the God of Israel, commands you: ‘Go, take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali <sup class="crossreference" value='(P)'></sup> and Zebulun <sup class="crossreference" value='(Q)'></sup> and lead them up to Mount Tabor. <sup class="crossreference" value='(R)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">7 </sup>I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s <sup class="crossreference" value='(S)'></sup> army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River <sup class="crossreference" value='(T)'></sup> and give him into your hands. <sup class="crossreference" value='(U)'></sup> ’”

<sup class="versenum">8 </sup>Barak said to her, “If you go with me, I will go; but if you don’t go with me, I won’t go.”

<sup class="versenum">9 </sup>“Certainly I will go with you,” said Deborah. “But because of the course you are taking, the honor will not be yours, for the Lord will deliver Sisera into the hands of a woman.” So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh. <sup class="crossreference" value='(V)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">10 </sup>There Barak summoned <sup class="crossreference" value='(W)'></sup> Zebulun and Naphtali, and ten thousand men went up under his command. Deborah also went up with him."

2 Kings 22:14-20, "
    <sup class="versenum">14</sup>Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam, Akbor, Shaphan and Asaiah went to speak to the prophet <sup class="crossreference" value='(S)'></sup> Huldah, who was the wife of Shallum son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe. She lived in Jerusalem, in the New Quarter.

<sup class="versenum">15 </sup>She said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Tell the man who sent you to me, <sup class="versenum">16 </sup>‘This is what the Lord says: I am going to bring disaster <sup class="crossreference" value='(T)'></sup> on this place and its people, according to everything written in the book <sup class="crossreference" value='(U)'></sup> the king of Judah has read. <sup class="versenum">17 </sup>Because they have forsaken <sup class="crossreference" value='(V)'></sup> me and burned incense to other gods and aroused my anger by all the idols their hands have made,<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup> my anger will burn against this place and will not be quenched.’ <sup class="versenum">18 </sup>Tell the king of Judah, who sent you to inquire <sup class="crossreference" value='(W)'></sup> of the Lord, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says concerning the words you heard: <sup class="versenum">19 </sup>Because your heart was responsive and you humbled <sup class="crossreference" value='(X)'></sup> yourself before the Lord when you heard what I have spoken against this place and its people—that they would become a curse<sup class="footnote" value='[b]'>[b]</sup> <sup class="crossreference" value='(Y)'></sup> and be laid waste <sup class="crossreference" value='(Z)'></sup> —and because you tore your robes and wept in my presence, I also have heard you, declares the Lord. <sup class="versenum">20 </sup>Therefore I will gather you to your ancestors, and you will be buried in peace. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AA)'></sup> Your eyes <sup class="crossreference" value='(AB)'></sup> will not see all the disaster I am going to bring on this place.’”
    So they took her answer back to the king."

2 Chronicles 34:22-28, "
    <sup class="versenum">22</sup>Hilkiah and those the king had sent with him<sup class="footnote" value='[b]'>[b]</sup> went to speak to the prophet <sup class="crossreference" value='(Y)'></sup> Huldah, who was the wife of Shallum son of Tokhath,<sup class="footnote" value='[c]'>[c]</sup> the son of Hasrah,<sup class="footnote" value='[d]'>[d]</sup> keeper of the wardrobe. She lived in Jerusalem, in the New Quarter.

<sup class="versenum">23 </sup>She said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Tell the man who sent you to me, <sup class="versenum">24 </sup>‘This is what the Lord says: I am going to bring disaster <sup class="crossreference" value='(Z)'></sup> on this place and its people <sup class="crossreference" value='(AA)'></sup> —all the curses <sup class="crossreference" value='(AB)'></sup> written in the book that has been read in the presence of the king of Judah. <sup class="versenum">25 </sup>Because they have forsaken me <sup class="crossreference" value='(AC)'></sup> and burned incense to other gods and aroused my anger by all that their hands have made,<sup class="footnote" value='[e]'>[e]</sup> my anger will be poured out on this place and will not be quenched.’ <sup class="versenum">26 </sup>Tell the king of Judah, who sent you to inquire of the Lord, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says concerning the words you heard: <sup class="versenum">27 </sup>Because your heart was responsive <sup class="crossreference" value='(AD)'></sup> and you humbled <sup class="crossreference" value='(AE)'></sup> yourself before God when you heard what he spoke against this place and its people, and because you humbled yourself before me and tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the Lord. <sup class="versenum">28 </sup>Now I will gather you to your ancestors, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AF)'></sup> and you will be buried in peace. Your eyes will not see all the disaster I am going to bring on this place and on those who live here.’” <sup class="crossreference" value='(AG)'></sup>
    So they took her answer back to the king."

Isaiah 8:1-4, "The Lord said to me, “Take a large scroll <sup class="crossreference" value='(A)'></sup> and write on it with an ordinary pen: Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.”<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup> <sup class="crossreference" value='(B)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">2 </sup>So I called in Uriah <sup class="crossreference" value='(C)'></sup> the priest and Zechariah son of Jeberekiah as reliable witnesses <sup class="crossreference" value='(D)'></sup> for me. <sup class="versenum">3 </sup>Then I made love to the prophetess, <sup class="crossreference" value='(E)'></sup> and she conceived and gave birth to a son. <sup class="crossreference" value='(F)'></sup> And the Lord said to me, “Name him Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz. <sup class="crossreference" value='(G)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">4 </sup>For before the boy knows <sup class="crossreference" value='(H)'></sup> how to say ‘My father’ or ‘My mother,’ the wealth of Damascus <sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> and the plunder of Samaria will be carried off by the king of Assyria.”

Luke 2:36-38, "<sup class="versenum">36 </sup>There was also a prophet, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AD)'></sup> Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, <sup class="versenum">37 </sup>and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.<sup class="footnote" value='[e]'>[e]</sup> <sup class="crossreference" value='(AE)'></sup> She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AF)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">38 </sup>Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem."

Acts 21:7-9, "<sup> </sup>We continued our voyage from Tyre <sup class="crossreference" value='(G)'></sup> and landed at Ptolemais, where we greeted the brothers and sisters <sup class="crossreference" value='(H)'></sup> and stayed with them for a day. <sup class="versenum">8 </sup>Leaving the next day, we reached Caesarea <sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> and stayed at the house of Philip <sup class="crossreference" value='(J)'></sup> the evangelist, <sup class="crossreference" value='(K)'></sup> one of the Seven. <sup class="versenum">9 </sup>He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied."