close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Glockmiester Rear Sight tool is AWESOME !

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by hearsedriver, May 22, 2012.

1. Yeah it would work fine with gills. There is plenty of room to even add a piece of cardboard or something to keep from scarring the gills if that should be an issue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
    Thanks for the info.

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    That is a very desirable feature. How does it accomplish that versatility? Are the pusher jaws replaceable or reversible to get a different profile in contact with the sight? How does it differ from the one shown in Posts 13, 14, and 15?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    Depends on who's turning the screws.

5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    The "jaws" that grip the rear sight have the "straight" part on one half, and the "slanted" part on the other half. You choose the half of the jaws to match the rear sight on which you are working. No swapping out jaws (and losing the other set.)

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    That's a very clever design on first introduction. It makes me wonder why Glockmeister abandoned this in favor of the version they are selling now.

7. e.hk

e.hk

Apr 7, 2012
    any problems putting the factory sights on? mine went around half way in and then stopped so the pusher squished the rear sight a bit and warped the site. They're cheap so I'll order another and try again

8. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    There is ANOTHER difference between old and new versions. The old version had sliding steel-rod-type handles at each end. The current version has the polymer flange-type handles seen in the current pictures. I like the old style better.

P.S. I add a clarification. The combination straight/slanted surface is on BOTH halves of the jaws, NOT one on each of the jaws. My first explanation did not make this clear. You position the rear sight within the matching parts of both jaws.

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Sounds like we're gonna need more pictures! :supergrin:

10. Butch

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Excellent pictures! They make the tools function MUCH more clear!

Glockmeister should post them on their site.... :)

One more question....are there (by chance) tapped holes on the bottom of the tool that would facilitate mounting it to a bench?

11. Butch

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    I'll guess you're talking about the polymer factory sights?

The Glock factory tool(s) have a screw on the top to keep the plastic sights from deforming or working up out of the dovetail while being pushed into the slide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. GlockmeisterAZ

GlockmeisterAZ

Apr 5, 2012
    I may be able to arrange a posting on our Facebook page tomorrow...

13. dorian1

dorian1

Jan 23, 2008
    It was nice until it locked up on me. I have used vise grips and etc and it will not move. I never used more than finger tightness. I can use it to put sights on but it is a pain in the ass.

14. GlockmeisterAZ

GlockmeisterAZ

Apr 5, 2012
    If the sight tool you purchased is the latest model (has the plastic knobs on either side) and it is not functioning properly, you can contact Glockmeister at 1-888-456-2563 and we can arrange to repair your sight tool. Please let me know if you have any questions.