close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Glock 28 in photos...

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by glockhoarder, Jan 8, 2017.

1. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Jan 1, 2017
    Hi Guys and Gals-
    I attended the Glock 18 Operator's School at Glock HQ in GA a few years ago. After lunch the instructor broke out a G28 so that we could see and shoot it.
    I took a few pics. I thought that perhaps some of your would find them interesting as this gun is seldom seen in the U.S. In no particular order they are posted below FYI.
    I have many pics of the G18 as well intact, field stripped, detail stripped, the underside of the slide etc but I didn't post them as I know that some of you have access to post-sample 18s and have likely posted such pics before.
    Sorry if this is redundant or uninteresting. I'm new to the forum and don't know a lot of what has been posted in the past. I am reading and enjoying older threads though.
    The G28:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

Dec 30, 2012
    Interesting. What's the overall length and height of this thing?

3. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Jan 1, 2017
    Don't know off hand. The specs would be in any of the Glock Annuals.

4. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    So the G28 is to the G25 as the G26 is to the G19?

5. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Jan 1, 2017
  6. legalsten

legalsten

Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks for the pics . You never see one in the states . They could make them in the USA but probably never will . Not enough demand for them would be my guess and I can understand that . Thanks again ATF for a stupid law that bans this pistol.

I would love pics of the 18 as well . A pic is as close as I will ever get.

7. cbird77

cbird77

Dec 20, 2012
    The Woodlands
    Just curious, what makes this illegal to manufacture and sell in the US.

8. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Jan 1, 2017
    They could absolutely manufacture in US but they have the 42 so no real point in their view. Really made for countries where civilians can't have military caliber (9mm) guns.

Issue is importation for civilian sales. Does not need the totally absurd import points criteria of GCA 68.

9. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    looks just like my 26
    LOVE IT!

10. legalsten

legalsten

Jan 7, 2012
    Sorry , I should have said bans it from being imported . It can be made here but does not have enough "points " to meet the stupid law so that it could be imported . The law was designed to cut down on " Saturday Night Specials" , but like most gun laws , it is a stupid law that doesn't address the problem.

I agree it is built mainly for those countries over seas that don't allow civilians to own military caliber weapons. Not a big demand in the states but I would still like to have one of every model number , just to have .

11. cbird77

cbird77

Dec 20, 2012
    The Woodlands
    Interesting they put this on the website if it is supply demand issue.

In the USA, the G28 .380 AUTO is reserved for law enforcement agencies only.

12. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox M76Valmet

Feb 28, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks for posting the pics, not too often ones gets to see a real 28

13. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Nov 28, 2016
    Having never held either in my hand, I won't promise this is 100% accurate, but the 25 is a 19/23 sized frame for the .380 caliber and the 28 is a 26/27 frame. Makes me wonder why no one has imported the slides only since that wouldn't technically be a "firearm."