close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Gift of Salvation

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

Ephesians 2:8
    2 Corinthians 9:15
    Romans 5:15-19
    1 Corinthians 1:30
    Acts 5:31
    Romans 12:3
    Acts 2:38
    Ephesians 2:8
    Acts 5:31
    1 Corinthians 15:37
    Ezekiel 36:26
    Romans 5:17
    Romans 6:23

All of these hinge on simplicity itself, John 3:16, "For God so loved the world the He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

:wavey:
    John 3:16 is so simple and yet so profound. That particular section of the Book of John is all like that. I love it.

I am glad for your deliverance from some of your earthly trials Arthur.

3. SDGlock23

SDGlock23
    Expand Collapse
    Glockoholic

<sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26133">Good post. I especially like the verses after John 3:16

16</sup> "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

<sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26134">17</sup> For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

<sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26135">18</sup> &#8220;He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26136">

19</sup> "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26137">

20</sup> "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-26138">

21</sup> "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.&#8221;

PRAISE JESUS, THE KING OF KINGS!!

#3 SDGlock23, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

To each man is given a measure of faith and the opportunity for salvation.

In a very short time, the wink of an eye in comparison to eternity, our mortal lives will be over. Many will be saved, but many more will be lost because they have spurned the gift of salvation purchased with the blood of Jesus.

Hebrews 12:14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.

5. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

So this "salvation" gift is pretty simple.

How many salvations are there?

Can I live my salvation now or do I have to wait for it?

I see so many Christians that are waiting of life.......waiting for their salvation......they miss the wonder that is in the here and now.

They have no hope for this world because their salvation is in another world.

6. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

There is only one salvation and Yes, you can experience some of it now.

John 10:9-12 "I am the door: If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf comingh and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.

7. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

So the saved are only experiencing a part of their salvation. This life is always just part. The fullness of this salvation is a future thing that no one really knows if it exists or not. It seems that there is always lack in this faith. This salvation seems to be wanting.............you never really quite get there until the rapture or death or the Lord calls you home.

I prefer a faith of no lack.

You are perfect, whole, and complete, just the way that you are. This seems to make for a happier life.

8. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Being a Christian is better in this life. Knowing that you have value and purpose, a clear conscience and fellowship with the saints and Holy Spirit make it so mujch more satisfying than trying to find somethimng to amuse yourself with.

God is good. He allows free will. If you choose to decline His offer of salvation, He will not drag you screaming and kicking into His kingdom. At the judgment you will find out what you have declined to accept as a free gift.

I Corinthians 2:9 .....Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

9. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty
    Expand Collapse
    MentalDefective

GT altar call?

10. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Everyone in the world is invited to get to know Jesus.

Matthew 12:27-30 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

11. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

See there is the difference. I am not waiting for the kingdom of God.

I am saved! Sozo.
    http://www.resourcesforchristians.net/node/83

This life is where true salvation is lived.

I don't know about the next life, or if there be one, but I do not fear it.

I won't be missing out on living this life for the expectation of some future salvation. If you loose faith in mankind, and think that God is going to fix everything with some kind of a magic, stop this world, everyone out, salvation of the future; You neglect the wonder of the present kingdom of God, which is in every human, no matter what their religion.

#11 NMG26, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  12. achysklic

achysklic
    Expand Collapse

This isn't exactly true Vic. Do you believe what Jesus actually says or what you think He said?

Matt.22:14. For many are called, but few are chosen.”

This is Not everyone Vic.

Although the mass majority will be called, only a few are actually chosen.

Your way of thinking is Everyone is called.

That just isn't the case at this present time.

With that said, Everyone will at some point have a shot at salvation. Just not now.

13. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Yup.

You can just write this world off, because God is going to save who He will, and there is nothing we can do about it. This way of thinking is limited and limiting. It causes an "I don't care about this world" attitude. How could it not?

#13 NMG26, Aug 5, 2011
  14. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Better than what? being a Christian in the next life? not being a Christian in this life?

I've been a Christian, and not a Christian. I'd say "not" is better.

15. achysklic

achysklic
    Expand Collapse

That's crazy thinking, God not choosing to save the whole world at this time does not mean God is not going to offer everyone a chance at some point in the future. There is a reason to the 1,000 yr reigh of Jesus, and a period of time after that (most likely a 100 yrs) In which the majority of the world will have a chance at salvation.

#15 achysklic, Aug 5, 2011
  16. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Hey, me too AG!

Took me a while to unravel the "knot" though.

17. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Still sounds like a whole lot of waiting for God to change things.

#17 NMG26, Aug 5, 2011
  18. SPIN2010

SPIN2010
    Expand Collapse
    Searching ...

Wow! Bible study is always evident in people. :supergrin:

19. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Of course, most Christians will tell you that you only left Christianity so that you could be knotty without feeling guilty.

20. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

Or that we hate God. I asked someone on here that said that, if he could imagine a situation where he would hate FSM or IPU. It didn't take long before he stopped responding to me at all.