close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Gas Pedal

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mc_oliver, Oct 8, 2004.

1. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I promised doc eyecutter the pics. Here's how it looks like (please do not mind the franken, scratch-full, blood and libag-stained gun. ;f)

[​IMG]

How it feels:
    Ever wondered where your weak thumb should be? Well, this one finally gives it that comfy solid feeling everytime I grip my gun. It's placement was fit to the length of my thumb so there isn't too much curling or over-reaching. Although, now I realized I would have preferred the pad to be angled slightly even more downward (just a little).

Live Firing:
    I haven't gotten the full work with it yet. But here are my initial thoughts from the few rounds (80+) I fired with it.

We're familiar with the concept of the locked wrists, right? With the pedal, I discovered a new one: the locked thumb (weak side). The thumb now gets an active part in recoil control. With the thumb locked straight, resting on the pad, everytime the gun recoils up, it encounters the thumb's "downward" resistance. So far I haven't noticed any erratic torquing of the gun sideways. But I definitely noticed lesser flip and more snapping back down of the gun.

More experiments to come this weekend. Stay tuned. ;)

Con: I only see one so far and that's frame drilling.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

nice! looks exactly like Dalmas' gas pedal pero mas manipis. if i have one made, i'll probably lower the height so it won't get in the way when you rack the slide from the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

dalmas piece is actually a aredondo gas pedal

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

doc, I only saw that pic after I had mine made. When I saw it, I would have made it like that plus the slide shield and angle nung arredondo pedal.

If you're thinking of having one made, I think a smooth surface is better. That way you can customize the texture with grip tape. Medyo nagkaka-kalyo na thumb ko kasi medyo sharp yung serrations sa akin. ;)

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

hmmm, the arredondo costs $25. mas mura lalabas... saka na lang!

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Btw, mukhang plastic yang arredondo no? 'Di kaya yan nagfe-flex during recoil tapos mag-bind sa slide? Or mabiyak yung mounting holes tulad ng cmore?

7. malmon

malmon
    Expand Collapse

Oliver,

Diba meron si Colonel na mas low profile 'gas pedal'? Actually its more like a 'flashlight switch'. Its the one he builds onto the frame itself. No holes.

8. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

its aluminim not plastic

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Kaso frame welding yun dre. Mas malaki ang kelangan gawin. I'll post a pic of it tom. ;)

Aw, I see. Thanks dude.

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Eto yung sinasabi ni malmon na thumb rest na welded-on sa frame:

[​IMG]