close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The down side of Frog Lube?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ParabellumChambered, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Any gun oil works fine. works fine.

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I was very skeptical of the stuff but after literally hundreds of requests to "test" it on my channel I finally broke down and got some (video below).

I've always been a break free CLP or Mobil 1/ATF guy as it's never failed me.

Bottom line---FL works just fine as do the others I mentioned above. It just comes down to whether the 'pros' of FL overcome the additional cost in your mind.

No one on the forum will be able to answer that one for anyone else though... :dunno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOxNu8YeN4"]FrogLube CLP Test, Application, and Review (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

3. CMG

CMG

"Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”

― P.T. Barnum, The Humbugs of the World

4. Lampshade

Lampshade

If you don't care, that is your prerogative... personally, I find that FL makes clean up really quick and easy and I much prefer it to dealing with traditional solvents like hoppes #9.

5. paul45

paul45

6. paul45

paul45

7. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

You Tube test Frog Lube vs NRA lube, and NRA lube beat it for protection against rust.

Don't have a link, but search You Tube. I watched the video, and it turned me off ever trying FL.

Warming up steel, and thinking it turns into a sponge, is kindergarten physics.

8. JBP55

JBP55

But, but, they saw a movie about Seal Team 6 before they developed Frog Lube. :supergrin:

9. bunk22

bunk22

I use PWS Gun-Ease...saw it at my local gun shop, along with Frog Lube and they said they use the Gun-Ease over FL. It's in a smaller bottle and costs less, half the price. It works like anything else I guess and I'm not that impressed but the bottle has lasted for months.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013