close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The different competitions

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by RWBlue, Feb 13, 2013.

1. RWBlue

RWBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

A long long long time ago I competed, but haven't in years. I keep saying I want to shoot more. I am thinking competition may force me to do it. I am not overly thrilled with the ranges around here. It is not like before I moved where I just went out to the woods and shoot.

Can I convince someone to point me to a good writeup of the different competitions? Maybe start a thread and Sticky it.

If you want to give advice for just me....

I have guns.

Although I have ammo, I wouldn't mind going cheap and having a 22LR competition. Rifle and pistol. Scope of non-scope.

I don't know, there has to be something I will look at and think it is fun. Shoot the AR, Shoot the AUG, Shoot the UZI, Shoot the Glocks.

I am not really inclined to be running around and having complex rules. I just seem like a good way for me to hurt myself or others.

Or where people make lots of mods to their gun just to meet the rules.

I don't mind buying new gear, but I don't want to have to start off buying cloths, holsters.....

I am not looking to travel to shoot. I just don't think it will happen. If I can't find something to do in Northern VA.....

I am not a bench rest person. I shoot off the bench to sight in and work up reloads, but I don't see myself competing at bench rest.

I have black powder guns, but I don't plan on competing with them.

Clays were fun when done with friends, but I don't see myself investing in the equipment to do it like Obama.

I am not setup for Wild West shooting. I don't have those guns.......yet.

2. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis
    Expand Collapse
    Scottish Member

Although I have ammo, I wouldn't mind going cheap and having a 22LR competition. Rifle and pistol. Scope of non-scope.

Ok shoot steel challenge - there is rifle (new) and pistol with or without optics.

I don't know, there has to be something I will look at and think it is fun. Shoot the AR, Shoot the AUG, Shoot the UZI, Shoot the Glocks.

Then three-gun is out - no shotgun. There is NRA high power with open sights on an AR-15. Don't know of a good place for the AUG or the UZI. You could shoot IDPA, GSSF or USPSA with the Glock.

I am not really inclined to be running around and having complex rules. I just seem like a good way for me to hurt myself or others.

Ok then IDPA, USPSA and USPSA 3 gun are out.

Or where people make lots of mods to their gun just to meet the rules.

Most sports don't REQUIRE mods to meet rules.

I don't mind buying new gear, but I don't want to have to start off buying cloths, holsters.....

1911 for bullseye, .22 for olympic style 25m, 50m pistol, air gun for 10m?

I am not looking to travel to shoot. I just don't think it will happen. If I can't find something to do in Northern VA.....

I am not a bench rest person. I shoot off the bench to sight in and work up reloads, but I don't see myself competing at bench rest.

I have black powder guns, but I don't plan on competing with them.

Clays were fun when done with friends, but I don't see myself investing in the equipment to do it like Obama.

You can shoot trap, skeet or sporting clays with just about any shotgun with interchangeable choke tubes.

I am not setup for Wild West shooting. I don't have those guns.......yet.

Then SAS is out.

Looks like you are left with clay sports GSSF or buying something

#2 PEC-Memphis, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013