close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The difference between science and religion...

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Geko,

Re: 'Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings'

Where did your evil Muslims get those airplanes to fly into our buildings? Did they just pick them from some bushes? Or did science create them?

The fact is, as Winston Churchill noted long ago about some other believers in evil (Nazis, but similar to Communists and Muslims), they can be assisted by the "lurid glow of perverted science".

Science is just a tool. It can be used for good or for evil. To use science for good, you need to know right from wrong, which cannot be found in any laboratory, but in the pages of the Bible.

2. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    As a matter of fact, it was worth millions of dollars to Oral Roberts and the other TV preachers.... :rofl:

Randy

3. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009

There is a complete lack of evidence that you are intelligent. Does that prove it true, too?

If you knew anything about science, you would know that "evidence" doesn't have anything to do with "proof".

Scientific theories are supported by evidence but cannot be proven because they are necessarily falsifiable.

The bottom line is that you filter evidence through your belief systems (ideologies), as do scientists.

There are thousands of examples of scientists dismissing damaging evidence to support their ideologies, especially to acquire additional public funding for their pet projects.

This is why it is especially critical for the objective reader of science articles (and even random internet posts like yours) to separate the data from the interpretation.

For you to state there is a "complete lack of any evidence" proving something demonstrates that (a) you don't have a clue about science and (b) implies that you have examined ALL evidence (past/present/future), which you haven't, and can't, and therefore, reduces your credibility exponentially.

btw, how's your study of the philosophy of science going?

perhaps you should get started on that asap if your goal of being an objective seeker of truth is indeed sincere (which I doubt it is).

4. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    As usual, the guy who has the weak position and knows it insults his opponent. Classy. :homer:

5. You're being a little harsh on yourself.

6. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    So, it is your contention that Boeing aircraft are "evil"? These amazing flying machine have afforded countless millions of middle-class citizens, all over the earth, to see more of the world than most kings and rulers could dream of a century ago. You are labeling this amazing flying machine evil because some religious zealots (who believe in the SAME god you do BTW), filled with the kind of hatred that only religion can fester, used aircraft as their tool for religious martyrdom.

Explain to me again how that is the fault of science?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    [ame]http://youtu.be/ML_yKt_SzvI[/ame]

8. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    :rofl::rofl:
    Internet trolls are so entertaining.
    Emotionally driven. Immature. Clueless.:yawn:
    Which is why I rarely bother wasting my time with the fools in RI. Double talk, lies, and twisting truths is putting it mildly.
    It's clear by your posts that you and some others here are frustrated to the point of insanity. You keep whining over and over but are accomplishing nothing except providing evidence of your emotional state. Have you considered lithium? Prozac? Valium?
    You can do nothing but whine and cry on an internet forum.
    Very telling that it is the same ones day after day.
    Get a life. :upeyes:

Here ya go, since you liked them so much.:rofl:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkHiz9r7Hw"]Dog Humping to Benny Hill - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGqah2MwCVw"]WELL FUNNY DOG HUMPING CAT,check out the cat watching the action..haha - YouTube[/ame]

9. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Jan 15, 2003
    Nebraska
    I agree 100%.
    Believers, Blast is callin' you out!

10. Gills63

Gills63

Sep 26, 2012
    FAITH.....You guys are working way too hard.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Reading skills are basic. Train your brain, and you too can get smarter. Notice my last paragraph, "Science is just a tool. It can be used for good or evil..."

And to think that you posted such tripe on the holy day of Saint Albert the Great (1206 - 1280 AD), Patron of Scientists:upeyes:.

12. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    Perhaps you could clarify this sentence for me. Because the way I read it, you are making the airplane somehow culpable:

By this rationale, Science could be evil for creating cars because they are occasionally used in car bomb attacks. It is simply a pointless statement meant to loosely tie science to evil.

:upeyes:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  13. What part of, "Science can be used for good or for evil", do you not understand?

Leftist gungrabbers often claim that guns (which science created) can be used for evil. Do you not agree that they can also be used for good?

Science created Zyklon B gas. I don't know if it has any good uses, but the Nazis used it to exterminate millions of Jewish
    (and others, including Polish Catholic Christian) men, women, and children in gas chambers. Do you not agree that that's evil?

As I said before, questions of good and evil are not answered through laboratory research; but they are answered in the pages of the Bible (such as, 'Thou shalt do no murder', and 'Love thy neighbor as thyself', while allowing for justifiable homicide in cases of last-resort self-defense). Comprende?

14. Genocide ordered (or carried out) by God... good.

Genocide ordered by man... bad.

God was perhaps the first to use the needed killin' defense.

-ArtificialGrape

15. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    That wasn't the part that I don't understand. That is a pointless declarative statement. You could replace the term "science" with any noun (i.e. bat, chair, golf club, automobile, test tube, twinkie, RELIGION, etc).

You can't assign an inanimate object with the trait of being good or evil. Besides good and evil are subjective. What is good to you may be evil to someone else.

See above explanation. Guns are just machines, it is the opinionated that assign them with character traits.

No, Zyklon is a thing. Any "thing" can be used for evil. Zyklon is not evil.

Where in the bible does it say that Zyklon B is evil? Where does your spiritual guidance on that matter come from?

Thou shalt not murder.... unless directed by god to do so.

Love thy neighbor... unless they don't believe the same way you do?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  16. 1) Can you point to anyplace where I did? (Hint: as I've told you before, but you won't listen, reading comprehension is key).

2) Murder is defined as "unlawful and malicious premeditated killing of one human being by another". Obviously God cannot do that. Try to learn the meanings of words before you misuse them and display conspicuous ignorance in a public place.

3) Now you're confusing Islam with Christianity. Jesus said love thy neighbor as thyself. Mohammed said "Slay the infidel" (i.e. 'those who don't believe the same way you do').

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a 'FAIL' on your efforts at reading comprehension, vocabulary, and logic. More work on your part is needed.

17. Jesus was a bit more New Agey than Dad.

2 Chronicles 15:13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman

Exodus 22:20 Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:9-11 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Leviticus 24:14 Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

-ArtificialGrape

18. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    Your arrogance and condescension bores me. Didn't your mom tell you to play nice? You raise your rhetoric when you should reinforce you argument.

19. As has been frequently pointed out to you, yet you keep obtusely ignoring, the Old Testament passages you cite were long-ago, once-only Divine judgements on certain highly-specific sinners. (If you think otherwise, name a dozen or so recent victims). OTOH, Islam's injunction to "Slay the infidel" is very current (just look at the news), ongoing, open-ended, and intended to be operative in perpetuity. An estimated 280 million innocents have been murdered as a result, AND COUNTING DAILY.

Nice try; maybe as a reward for your services to his fascism, Allah will credit you one tenth of a virgin goat?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  20. It's called 'fighting fire with fire'.

I wish I had a dime for every time some far-leftist has called me "crazy", "stupid", or a "bigot":upeyes:.

But you still haven't provided any facts or logic to support your position, just name-calling. And meanwhile, politically-correct totalitarianism keeps advancing against our freedom.