The debate you've all been waiting for Hitchens VS. Craig

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, May 5, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvKH5qisgg&feature=related"]Atheist Christopher Hitchens epic failure in debate - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Kingarthurhk, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. Two hours? I'll wait until I'm roasting in hell. I'll have time then.

3. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Can you give us a time index to this "epic failure"?

#3 Geko45, May 5, 2012
  4. Kingarthurhk

Not my title, not my creation. I just got it as is from youtube.

5. Indeed.

Count the number of points made and tell us which one was the failure. Hitch may have made an error from time to time, but then, he didn't pretend to speak for God.

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Funny thing about youtube videos, whenever somebody is FOS they disable the like bar so it doesn't look like a red light saber and alert others that the video is crap thereby reducing their number of views. This is especially true of videos where somebody claims that atheists got owned. Go ahead, look at any "atheist nightmare" or "why atheists are wrong" video and you'll see the big red dislike bar.

#6 Gunhaver, May 5, 2012
  7. Did you not watch the video you posted?

8. Re: OP. Who? Re: Complaints. So what?

9. Kingarthurhk

Yeah, I watched the rather salient first salvo, and then decided there wasn't any comming back from that, and went on to other things. Then I thought, I wonder what the Atheist reaction would be. It is pretty much what I expected.

10. You mean doubt your claim and ask for proof?

Did you also read only the first book of the bible and decided there is no coming back from that?

11. Kingarthurhk

LOL, aren't you the same guy who said you had no time at all?

12. I don't have time for BS. That includes religion and watching a 2 hour video on the Internet which is claimed to have FAIL somewhere in it.

13. Kingarthurhk

Afraid to see what is in there, and that it might challenge your metaphsyical paradigm?

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

I've watched this debate before and there is no fail anywhere. Craig rehashes all the standard arguments and Hitchens refutes them likewise.

15. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

I haven't even made so far to hear Hitchen's first response, but it's obvious that Craig either doesn't understand the Big Bang Theory or is intentionally misrepresenting it.

ETA Apparently he doesn't understand how the burden of proof works, either.

#15 Woofie, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  16. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Yep. Like I said standard does God exist debate. Still fairly entertaining though.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

But I can see how that would look impressive to a believer who wants him to be right and doesn't understand science any more than he does.

18. Not that it matters, but even the atheists said Hitchens got his *** kicked.

From the website Common Sense Atheism:

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=1230

19. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

You're right it doesn't matter and you're wrong that "even atheists" said Hitchens got his *** kicked. That is one atheist's blog and one that seems to have a hard on for Craig's debate style. Craig may be slick but so is Obama, doesn't make either of them correct. At worst I would say Hitchens could have argued more eloquently but it doesn't change the substance of the arguments.

Craig presented the standard "God (the Christian God mind you) must exists because of X" and Hitchens refuted with the standard "that's a load of crap and doesn't prove jack responses"

But nice try. Next you'll tell me Einstein believed in God as if it proved anything.

20. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

you're correct that it doesn't matter.
    That's the problem with this kind of engagement, and why Dawkins has refused to participate. Craig is a professional debater, though in this case Hitchens was inexcusably unprepared for the format and nature of Craig's arguments given how frequently they've been detailed previously.