close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Cellar Dwellers (Gun Manufactures)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Apr 15, 2012.

1. thekobk

thekobk 'OP'

Mar 11, 2008
    Madison Wi
    What really burns me is the gun stores that push them. these guys just care about their wallets and instead of helping new comers invest in something better they push crap that gives more kickback. I could name at least 3 stores around me that love to sear everyone to the great deal on a Taurus. :crying:

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Knock on Jennings, Davis and Hi-Points all you want, but not everybody in America can cough out several hundred dollars for a handgun.

3. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I don't mean to misconstrue the issue... I'm just saying as rule, "When people are shown a better way, they tend to do better." Buying inferior anything (food, car, weapons, etc.) will usually come to bite you in the heighny later on down the line...

4. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Yeah, I want a P-32 (just because) and I wouldn't kick a Taurus 85, 445 or .22 revolver out out of the safe if the price or opportunity (an older 445) was right.

5. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    I handled a Kel-Tec KSG (shotgun) the other day. I want one.

6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    I agree and yes i can dig it!

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I had both Kimbers and the PT1911. Both were the biggest piece of jam-o-matics that I ever owned. Maybe I got the only bad ones of the batches when I purchased. The Kimbers were the more accurate guns.

I since sold them for Sig and HK pistols and I'm very glad for having done so.

8. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    I traded my PT1911 for a Glock 27, I regret doing so. The gunshop won't take it back in trade, the 3 guys who fired the 27 to see if they liked it before buying it all said no thank you. I traded the Kimber on a S&W Model 27. My only regret there is the money I lost.

Live and learn.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I would say the same. I have 2 Kel Tecs and while Taurus may not be the greatest, they are hardly a Saturday night special.

10. s&wfan

s&wfan

Dec 27, 2011
    The only Hi Point I ever shot was a .380, and it ran like a top and was actually pretty fun to shoot.

11. s&wfan

s&wfan

Dec 27, 2011

Exactly. I think Charter is in that group, too.

A grandmaw can buy a Hi Point for relatively cheap, stash it in her nightstand, and I promise you that it will kill someone just as dead as a Korth will is she needs it to in a defense situation.

12. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    I owned a Jennings once.......................

Once. :embarassed:

13. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Some brands listed are not what I would call cheep.

Whatever you buy you should be shooting the hell out of it to develop the confidence IN what you bought, be it high or low end. Lemons exist in both high and low end guns however it is more prevalent in low end.

14. 2guns

2guns

Mar 27, 2011
    Centennial, Colorado
    Three high point carbines and three pistols 9, 40 and 45 all ran great and accurate!

15. I definitely agree with this. Put KT and Taurus mid-tier if you like, but to call them bottom of the heap is incorrect IMO.

16. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I think I shot the same one. About as big as my 19, and a real ugly duck. It ran fine and the owner said he never had a problem with it. He said his dad bought it for him for $99 or something like that. It was definitely an eye sore in his collection of nice guns.

17. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    I bought a dog of a gun a while back. But I knew it was and I had a reason. It's an RG32 .22 cal revolver. Paid $40 for it. Bought it to shoot Super Colibri's thru it. Fun back yard/ garage plinker but would never rely on it for self defense.

If you want to purchase for self defense, go high quality. How much is your life worth?:shocked:

18. Sendarr

Sendarr

May 12, 2004
    Tampa,Florida
    agreed. Also, Ive never owned a hipoint and probably won't, but I have a new respect for them after some youtube videos. Go check out Iraqveteran8888 on youtube, they really pushed those hipoints lol. He has a nice series on a mosin nagant also.

19. vista461

vista461

Jul 10, 2006
    S.E. WI
    My Phoenix arms Raven, never had a failure of any kind. I don't carry it,I have my S&W's for that, but at least it hasn't been a complete POS.

20. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    You forgot to add CZ to that list. The model 75 is overpriced and overrated. :whistling: