close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Bible is God's love letter to us

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Jul 20, 2013.

1. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Vic,

I worry for you a bit. Evil in God's creation came from somewhere. If it was not God's doing, then where, what, who?

It is pretty much plain as day that it absolutely had to be God's doing.

You don't have to absolve God for the matter. God takes full responsibility. It is a sin to absolve God for his creation.

I can see that this is hard for you. This whole thread is a paradox of logic. The bible is NOT a love letter. The Bible from start to finish is a book of adversity.

It starts in the garden of Eden with the serpent. It ends with the full conquest of all creation. The in-between is the adversity of the tribe of Israel, the passion of Christ, the persecution of the church.

In the midst of this book of adversity is the love letter of the Creator, Jesus Christ.

Remember Jesus Christ is The Logos! The Word! The Love Letter!

Can you admit that the Bible is not a love letter? Can you admit that theology gets it wrong? When all is said and done we have one thing that we stand on, one thing and one thing alone! Jesus Christ the living Lord and savior of all men! Especially of those going through the adversity while working out their salvation in faith.

I do enjoy the thread though Vic. I've gained a lot from it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    And then spanking all subsequent children, who weren't even born yet, for the older child eating those cookies years ago.

3. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    And then finding out the child was actually the parent doing the spanking, and they're both the same person, and yet two different people at the same time. But the parent basically spanked themself for eating the cookie. :wow:

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    According to WS6 eternal is not eternal and according to you evil is not evil.
    Of course when you redefine words and phrases to mean what ever you want them to mean you will always get the result you want.

There are believers that say the 6 day creation was not really 6 days because god's time is not our time. On that basis we could observe the sabbath every few million years and be good.

The 4th commandment says to keep the sabbath but the council of Laodicea changed it because it suited them to do so.

The council of Nicea changed the nature of god from monotheistic to a 3 headed Cerberus trinity to allow for easier recruitment of heathens.

All in all it is a very pragmatic religion that changes definitions, creation stories, sabbaths, having god as one or three.

Keep on truckin Vic. :thumbsup:

5. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Job 26
    13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

6. Do you really think any man or men can change God's covenant?

Psalms 89:34
    My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Some would attempt to. The Bible predicts the attempt and that it will be successful for 1260 prophetic days equal to 1260 literal years.

Daniel 7:25
    And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

:angel:

7. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    Nope. Note even one named Jesus. ;)

8. He did not come to change the law and the prophets, but to fulfill. Isaiah prophesied this centuries before Jesus first coming.

Isaiah 42:21
    The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

9. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    What does that even mean in your mind? Fulfill the laws? Somehow you have turned that into some method of turning a bunch of laws off while leaving others turned on.

I can't even believe I'm discussing this insanity but your ability to further distort the delusions is fascinating.

Only in religion is credulity a virtue.

10. Colossians 2:14
    Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

11. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    Nobody is denying that some later Christian teaching, by someone pretending to be the Apostle Paul, differentiates itself from Judahism.

I'm talking abut what Jesus said:
    Matthew 5-
    <sup class="versenum">17 </sup>&#8220;Don&#8217;t think that I have come to destroy the Law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets. I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them. <sup class="versenum">18 </sup>I assure you that nothing will disappear from the law until heaven and earth are gone. The law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done.

<sup class="versenum">19 </sup>&#8220;A person should obey every command in the law, even one that does not seem important. Whoever refuses to obey any command and teaches others not to obey it will be the least important in God&#8217;s kingdom. But whoever obeys the law and teaches others to obey it will be great in God&#8217;s kingdom. <sup class="versenum">20 </sup>I tell you that you must do better than the teachers of the law and the Pharisees. If you are not more pleasing to God than they are, you will never enter God&#8217;s kingdom.

How that got stretched into 'ignore a bunch of laws' has been explained here repeatedly but it requires some pretty bizarre interpretations. I guess that was just a part of the evolution of the doctrine that your sect goes with. Others, like Brasso's don't seem to see it that way.

I guess we'll just mark it down as one more part of that Novel that we don't agree on.

12. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM

<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>“Dave! Large letters don't make things easier to read. It makes it easier to ignore.

13. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    You'll have to point out where your quote of what I said is accurate, as I don't recall posting the phrase "Large letters". After showing where I said that you can expand on wtf you are even talking about.

14. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Oh, I think you know more wtf then you are letting on.

:upeyes:

15. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA

I really don't know what you are on about.

My only guess is that you are pouting again because I used Matthew 5:17 in a post.

Apparently following it with "How that got stretched into 'ignore a bunch of laws' has been explained here repeatedly but it requires some pretty bizarre interpretations. I guess that was just a part of the evolution of the doctrine that your sect goes with. Others, like Brasso's don't seem to see it that way.I guess we'll just mark it down as one more part of that Novel that we don't agree on." wasn't enough to keep you from getting your panties in a wad because you thing you already taught me that "heaven and earth are gone". :upeyes:

16. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Post 2191 did not read a word of it because words were so large on my browser that It took too much effort. Big font does not draw attention it detracts. My opinion of course.

:cheers:

17. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    :crying:

:tongueout:

Damn Dave, I'm gonna go do some work.

:)

18. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA

Sounds like a problem with your computer. I did nothing to increase the font and it looks normal size on mine. Maybe when I copy/pasted the scripture it requires your browser to resize, I don't know. It's never been a problem before, that I am aware of, and the font appears the same size as every other post on this page to me.

19. I'm sorry you don't agree with Paul because Christians believe the New Testament to have equal validity and authority as the Old Testament.

Acts 21:20-25
    And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
    And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
    What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.
    Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;
    Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.
    As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

As can be seen from the above text, the Gentiles are not required to observe everything that the circumcised Jews were. Apparently circumcised Jews are required to keep the whole law, but Gentiles are not.

1 Corinthians 7:18
    Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. The prophecy was sealed up by the coming f the Messiah and His sacrificial death for us.

Daniel 9:24
    Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    Daniel 9:25
    Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    Daniel 9:26
    And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    Daniel 9:27
    And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

He came He died He was cut off (killed) for us. He was resurrected and He and His disciples preached the gospel in Jerusalem for one week of years (7 years)