close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The better bullet puller?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 357glocker, Oct 29, 2011.

1. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Which press mounted bullet puller has worked for pulling a massive amount of bad rounds? The hornady or RCBS? This will be for .223 and 9mm.

2. jbrown13

jbrown13

Nov 3, 2007
    GA
    Can't say about the RCBS, but the Hornady works OK, but it's not painless. Leaves a slight line on the bullet no matter how you do it, and takes some trial and error to get the hang of it. Whether that line is a problem or not is open for debate. Re-using the pulled bullets for practice makes sense to me.

3. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Lee listed a new bullet bullet in the development stages on Youtube. One of the quickest bullet pullers I've ever seen. havn't heard anything on it since they posted the vid like a year ago.

4. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I bought a used Hornady 'cam-lock' type puller. I've grown tired of the 'hammer'. I haven't used the Hornady puller yet though.

5. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    The only bullets I pull are from the mystery bin at the range. Seriously, who needs a high speed bullet puller except companies that pull down milsurp fodder? Don't **** up so much and an inertia puller will be fine.

Does anyone want some WTF powder?

6. wrencher

wrencher

Sep 18, 2003
    minnesota
    If I've only got a few 'mistakes' to pull, the hammer pullers are fast and fine.
    If I've got a lot of ammo I want to pull down, I use the Hornady cam lock puller.
    Fast, doesn't spill the powder all over, and I've never noticed marks on the bullets.

7. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzNTuQuebvs

I’m waiting for this one to come out.
    Using the kinetic bullet puller, instead of using the collet that it comes with. Use a single stage shell holder for the case you are using.

8. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Thats the one I was talking about. Looks pretty slick.

9. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    I agree. Wish we knew more information about it. Does it require separate collets for every caliber, or one size fits all? Mr Lee?

10. creophus

creophus Born Again

Mar 18, 2005
    Florida
    I've used the RCBS pullet on 308 rounds and it works well. Just don't use it in the LCTP as it wants to turn as you tighten the collet.

Impact puller suck.

The really suck when trying to pull light weight bullets.

11. Yea, where is all that neat stuff?

Great tip on the shell holder! I will give that a try, the rubber band collet is a bit of a pain!