close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Best Glock of Any of Them. VIDEO

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Amsdorf, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

OK, I know, I know. "Best" Glock is really a subjective issue, but here is my favorite video and I explain why...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdUlcCkO_E"]The Glock 21: Introduction with Rapid Fire and Long Range Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Great video, excellent shooting with those last six rounds. Looks like you had some fun there, too!

3. Rustin

Rustin

Great vid. Perhaps you could slow it down just a bit. Your a good shooter, but that damn thing sounded like a full auto STG44 LOL.

4. bunk22

bunk22

I had a Gen 2 G21 for 18 years that never had a single failure and two, never should have gotten rid of it. I will say, it might be one of my top 3 but my G19 is number one as it fits my hands (medium) just right.

5. MAXG

MAXG

This will be my next gun. Having serious Glock lust over this. Excellent gun. I have very big hands as well, and the 21 just fits like a glove.

MG

6. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot

I agree the 20/21 is a great gun largely because of its size for bigger guys and people with larger hands.

Good video looks like you had some fun!

Your 21 will definitely shoot better at range with more practice! A 8" paper plate should not stand a chance at 25-30 yards and should still be s serious perril at 50 yards!

If you would take a constrictive critique, keep your eye on the front site, you can see the bullet holes AFTER your done shooting. ;)

CW

7. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Great video! Great shooting! That makes a strong case for rapid fire in bursts of 2-3 vs. full magazine, plus you save ammo for any other bad guys that might be luring!:supergrin:

8. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

What can I say, my trigger finger was itchy, and there's only one effective way to scratch it that I know of.

I know, it was WAY too fast, but I was simply trying to demonstrate: (a) You can get shots off quickly with a Glock, using the reset on the trigger; (b) Shooting fast doesn't mean shooting accurately, necessarily.

But it sure be fun to be shootin' the Glock on "full auto" mode.

:cool:

9. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

I keep both eyes closed, and just use the Force.

: )

No, seriously, thanks....I will keep practicing!

10. Bello

Bello America/Italia

Tried to thumb up your vid wouldn't let me

11. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Thanks for posting the video. The camera work and production values are excellent.

What I like most about the content is the demonstration of controlled, rapid fire with a Glock 45ACP. I've viewed other videos, such as those from whitey4311, showing it can be done with exceptional effectiveness. The G21 is whitey4311's EDC CCW pistol. I think too many believe that big-bore pistols can't get rapid followup shots and it just isn't true.

I think you would really like shooting the Gen4 G21 with the new dual recoil spring if you haven't shot it already. I got slightly better split times, while maintaining good accuracy, with the Gen4 G21 over earlier trials with a Gen3 G21SF. The Gen4 G21 is a very controllable pistol in rapid-fire drills.

Enjoy your Glock 21 45ACP!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  12. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I'm sure I would like the Gen4 21. I find the Gen3 21 adequately controllable.

It's just a great platform.

13. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

Great job! I love my G20sf, I have medium to large sized hands but the regular 20/21 frames feel to large for me. Again nice video.

14. MikeG36

MikeG36

Great video and thanks for posting. Only one problem though........ I want one. :supergrin:

15. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana X 1911 Addict

I have shot both, but I really do just prefer the Gen 3 21, (it's true however I have not been a big fan of change since I was a kid...hence sticking with the 1911 for soooo long ;-)

I am able to put rounds on target in a rapid fire drill much more effectively with my .45 than I have been with the .40, the .40 seems to have a more snappy recoil action.

Of course I have shot the .45 ACP for over 30 years, and the .40 only occasionally...

16. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida

Great video for sure. I just recieved my G21SF this week. I look forward to taking it to the range next week.
    I would be happy to shoot half as accurately as you.

17. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

The reason you like the G21 is the main reason most don't like it, the gigantic grip. I think many here will agree with me in saying the G19 is probably the best and most popular Glock in the lineup.

18. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana X 1911 Addict

That's why we all should own one of each!

I do... :whistling:

19. JAFO1-12

JAFO1-12

just shy of 4K rounds through my 3rd gen G21. not a single FTF, or FTE or anything of that nature. eats every type of ammo i have fed it perfectly. sits perfect in my hand, shoots smoothly and accurately. i consider it the standard to compare other pistols to.

20. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

Excellent!!:supergrin: