close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The best 6inch barrel for the 20 sf

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by SCkillinandgrillin, Feb 19, 2011.

1. SCkillinandgrillin

SCkillinandgrillin

Feb 11, 2011
    So i was just wanting some opinions on what type of 6 inch barrel would be well rounded for hunting and maybe some of the higher velocity rounds?Dont want to break the bank.Maybe even a good barrel and guide rod spring combo.I live in the south and want something for whitetail and hog.Also the occasional coyotes.

Attached Files:

2. SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Aug 19, 2006
    NW FLA.
    .......the OEM Glock 6" (hunting) barrel. I have one for my 20 and is accurate and reliable. It has had about 175rds of Double Taps 200gr WFNGC's thru it in the last 6+ years or so. ---SAWMAN

3. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    Lone Wolf offers the best chamber support and the price is hard to beat.

$105 shipped if you email this guy:
    jwkpatrick@yahoo.com

He sells them here on GT.

4. SCkillinandgrillin

SCkillinandgrillin

Feb 11, 2011
    i looked at the KKM barrel.I dont know if i can stand that funny looking wolf on my gun.lol.

5. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I love my Lone wolf 40 conversion for my Glock 20. Nice yote. I hunt them out here with a 22-250 and an AR.

6. Good for you on the yote.

I snare them here and the 6-inch will come in handy. Mine's a KKM. No complaints so far.

Didn't have the KKM on when this one was taken....

[​IMG]

7. SCkillinandgrillin

SCkillinandgrillin

Feb 11, 2011
    Nice.Alot of people here wont hunt yotes.Even during deer season if they see them half dont shoot.I DONT WANT TO MESS MY HUNT UP.everyone i see is a dead.Our DNR here has finished a study showing how bad there hurting our whitetail population.I was the only one to kill one this year.But many others saw some.IDOITS.Im leaning towards the KKM.I figure with a 6 inch KKM barrel i can shoot about any bullet.I dont know if anyone saw the special on NAT GEO channel friday about the girl that was killed and eaten by coyotes????

8. oceanbob

oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010
    Very well. And is cost effective. Here's a 6 inch on one of my GLOCK 20s.
    (My daughter painted the 20 round mag green...:shocked: )

Lonewolf has very good chamber support as well.

Have Fun..!

[​IMG]

9. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    Lone Wolf might not look as pretty but has better chamber support than the others and is way cheaper. Also, if you don't like the wolf engraved on top of the chamber just tell them and they'll "blind" mark it. Which means they mark it where it can't be seen.

10. If you Google it, I think you can find some issues with too-tight LW chambers, meaning, ones that inhibit reliable functioning?

I would buy one. Might get a LW for my G17.

A simple test is to try to drop fired brass from a OEM into the chamber of a KKM {or LW} and see what happens.

I pulled both barrels as I was reloading yesterday and found the tolerance difference is significant between the two; OEM allow a lot of slop tho the KKM also allows what I'd call "normal" and unrestricted chambering. Reloaded rounds drop right in when hand dropped into the detached barrel chamber.

Overall, I'd say we have great options for improving the chamber support for reloading for our G20's AND...we have the great OEM barrels when you want max functioning reliability.

11. PS: Oceanbob, where do you get 20-rd mags for the G20?

12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    I believe I can answer for oceanbob. That is the Arredondo +5 extension on a standard G20 mag (painted green, of course). I use the same extension to add +4 on a G21 13-rd .45ACP mag. The Arredondo extensions are high quality and very rugged based on the fully-loaded mag drop tests I conducted.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011