close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The belief that dogs are "people" kills

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kingarthurhk, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Jan 24, 2012
    To the op, it's so nuts that you would make this thread. Whenever I hear the misquote "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I always think to myself that dog should be there instead of beer. There are things that are put in front of us to teach certain things. I think dogs are there to teach us about love, joy, and forgiveness.

Just the other day I risked getting my arm bitten off because of my dog. Did I know it was perhaps unwise, yes. Would I do it again, anytime.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

2. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?

3. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    Some people have a connection with their dogs, some people shove them out back, treat them as property and complain that they are nothing but problems. I am a dog person, my pooches have all known that, we are family. I can't say that I would sacrifice a family member's safety but if my dog is in trouble, I am there for him, just as he would be for me. Doesn't mean anything other than that, when there's a bond, others sometimes have a tough time relating to the strength of it. My dog would never leave my side, and I will not leave his, should he need me.

4. Touché. :supergrin:

5. wrczx3

wrczx3 Jerry

Jun 3, 2011
    Stoneham,Ma.
    Finally someone with common sense. You guys have been watching too many Disney movies that make animals have human like emotions and mannerisms. I get a kick out of people that have said their dog or cat loves them. Fools!

6. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Why whenever I log on to this, I see the same folks, generally the ones that are religious make illogical arguments, then I see DD and Falman come on and correct them?

Man, and I thought maybe times have changed for the couple weeks I haven't logged into glocktalk! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    The family created the scenario of their own demise. Had they not taught junior that "doggie is people" he would have waved goodbye to doggie like a country boy and everyone would still be alive-even the dog.

8. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Apr 25, 2001
    On the road to Shambala
    :upeyes:

How do you have any idea what they taught their son? You sure are a presumptuous cuss, I'll give you that.

9. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    That is is dispicable.

I like dogs, I have always owned dogs. But, I am not some yuppie city slicker who can't tell the difference between canine and human. animal and human.

Unlike you, I would gladly let my dog die, if it was a choice between saving a human life, or her life. It isn't that hard.

Oh, there are a lot of people I dislike in this life. Some of them are still alive because it is illegal and immoral to kill them. However, they still have more value than a dog.

10. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Apr 25, 2001
    On the road to Shambala
    Actually, what he said has more virtue than any of the dribble you've offered up, including your original post.

11. badge315

badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    Irrisputably.

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    That really ranks up there as asnine statements go,

Did you know the family? did witnesses report the kid yelling "He's human" before he waded into the water?

Suppose a 12 year-old kid waded out to get his sand bucket that got swept out? Would you be saying

"Had they not taught junior that "sand buckets" is people...."?

I have seen kids do the darndest thing without a dog around to blame.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I don't believe my dogs are people...I would jump in the water to save my dogs, unlike most people.

14. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Apr 25, 2001
    On the road to Shambala
    [​IMG]

I don't always agree with Bren, but when I do, he's 100% right...

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Actually, it's rather spot on. HH

16. +1
    Love my dogs and a few select family members. Anyone else can burn at the stake. I'll bring the marshmallows.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

17. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed

and also

[​IMG]

18. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
    +1

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. This is your opinion. There is nothing wrong with your opinion.

Others have the opinion that there are a lot of people that have less value than a dog. You seem to want them to change their opinion, though I maybe misinterpreting that.

I don't think dogs (or cats) are people, but I'd sure as shootin risk my life to save many dogs and cats before I'd lift a finger to save many people.

Irrisputably discusting FTW! :supergrin: