close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The anti-self-defense crowd ate their wheaties..ANOTHER horrible bill has been filed!

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Grayson, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Grayson

Grayson

Jan 18, 2006
  2. That's the way the NC CHL has been since it's inception; only handguns are allowed to be carried. What changes in this bill?

3. Grayson

Grayson

Jan 18, 2006
    One big thing I see is the striking of "DEADLY weapon," replaced with only "weapon." Seems like a bit of leeway to where a cop could find something in your pockets to charge you "just because."

She adds in numerous items, including blackjacks. I read this to also mean collapsable batons. Don't even own one, but don't you find it stupid that I'm licensed to hide a firearm on my person, but not a stick? :crazy:

And there is an entire section on defense against prosecution she wants wiped out:

4. SBM

SBM

Jan 26, 2007
    Just popped a note off to Cam Edwards, and Ginny Simone. I didnt see a thing about this on the NRA site, and havent heard a thing about it till you brought it to my attention.
    Also Im posting a copy of it on all the other firearm related sites Im on, so perhaps word will get out and something can start to get done.

What we need to push the reps for, is a true Castle Doctrine.
    Everyone else is getting one, along with a Katrina Rule.
    THATS what they need to be adding, not taking yet more.

5. Yes, I find it stupid. However, the current CHL law excludes concealed blackjacks and batons (and fixed knives, and folding knives with blades over a certain undefined length, and shotguns, and rifles) as they are considered deadly weapons. The only change I can see occuring by striking "deadly" would be that pepper spray would be disallowed, which would be counter-productive from a statist point of view.

As far as an officer charging a person "just because", the first couple of times a judge throws out a possession of car keys charge that would soon cease, if it were to happen at all.

Yes, it's a bad bill. More "feel-good" legislation that accomplishes nothing.

6. Zulu Alpha

Zulu Alpha Abyss Dweller

Dec 26, 2004
    Waters of Oblivion
    Thanks for the heads up, but I believe that like the others have stated, its been that way...

As for knives... Any time you are a bad guy (someone who is wanted, or has been charged with something else) the local LEO's throw in a concealed weapons charge if you have a knife.

I was on jury duty once and the "concealed weapon" was a SMALL whitling type knife.

The more charges you can throw @ a bad guy, the better the arresting officer "looks"...

7. dfowler21

dfowler21 NFA this!

Sep 22, 2002
    Hickory, NC
    Im just gonna write my senator and tell him to oppose anything this lady introduces. This is the mastermind behind sb8 and sb9 too.