The Anti-Cop trend that isn't

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by JSandi, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jsandi in order to not be that guy you can't drop a turd in the punchbowl without letting people know why.

To just drop that article without comment makes it look like you are trolling. Then when you finally did explain yourself it made a little more sense.

It's just like "that guy" we have at work. It's all fun and games jacking someone up until he realizes he really pissed someone off by crossing a line he should have not crossed. Then he has to backpedal.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. oldgraywolf

oldgraywolf NRA, SAF

I continue to be impressed by the quality of cops on this forum.

<----NAC

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Dude READ my post and the point I made, It is also the people that got in this line of work because they needed a job, not because they believe in what we do..(the guy you described)
    '
    Problem is we do have "that guy and girl " working with us that got in this profession because they needed a job, not because they believed in what they were doing and that is very problematic, and why we see ourselves in the news painted in a bad light.'

I made no big deal of fitness I said they could physically handle themselves that means mindset and willingness to act.(correctly) not gym rats that beat on people cause they can.

#83 Mayhem like Me, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Easy Rod....

5. Mayhem like Me

um,, Ok whats your point?

6. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

[​IMG]

**IM NOT IMPLYING THAT YOU LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ROD FARVA**

I agree whole-heartedly with your point, that's my point.

#86 Kadetklapp, Feb 1, 2011
  7. Mayhem like Me

Still not seeing why you missing the entire point of my post was somehow Farve like??

Maybe we need a liter cola.

8. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Holy clueless about the regulars in CT, Batman! :upeyes:

No, the "peanut gallery" (the members who have hundreds, if not thousands of posts in this particular forum) discussed and disagreed with the article. Go post an article discussing what's a warmer coat: Mink or Rabbit, on a PETA forum.

Uh, posting an article like that where many of the regular posters here have recently attended cop funerals can easily earn yourself one of those titles, duh.

Thanks for (improperly) posting that compelling article. I'll respon in an appropriate manner.

#88 AngryBassets, Feb 1, 2011
  9. RussP

Amen...

10. Well JSandi I am glad you finally fessed up. It wasn't so bad, was it? Now people can understand you, and see you in a different light.

I echo what was said above, in that you are targeting the wrong audience. The cops on this forum post here because they care. These guys are the creme of the crop, in my humble opinion.

Maybe I am not one to give advice, but try not to let what you see at work get you down. The best thing you can do is set the right example for others to follow. Sometimes it hurts, but in the end people will see the righteousness of your efforts.

11. Criticism received and accepted.

Taking my public flogging like I should.

Sorry guys and gals. From here on out I will do my best to qualify any post I make. And if I should fail again. Ya'll can use tasers next time.

12. Sage advice.

13. It's all good Brother.

#93 4949shooter, Feb 1, 2011
  14. AngryBassets

I must have skipped a page when I replied.

I understand/agree to an extent where he's coming from, but I'm set in believing that the 'bad cops' truly are a minority. The 84 year old neck-broken-thing is a good example. Was I there? No. Have I had to use force on elderly people? Yes. Do I go about it like it's a 20 year old Camden corner boy who is high on wet at 1:30am prowling around some hell hole apartment complex? Of course not.

Perhaps his rhetoric would be best served by trying to be an example/mentor to the young cops out there, get promoted, and make a difference. You know; a "think globally/act locally" kinda thing.

Trolling this group of guys isn't going to accomplish anything than generate homoerotic posts from Cochese and TBO data-mining every post you've ever made.

[​IMG]

15. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

:couch:

I'm in da shadows, mining yo posts.

16. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Anyone that puts their hands on me, get my hands put on them right back... And it rarely ends well for the other party. Anyone who doesn't agree, or understand why, isn't a cop. Even if they might wear a uniform.

The OP is obviously a troll. I don't care what he claims, or if he does happen to have a job in LE. Based on the amount of his board violations already pointed out, I'm just counting the time he's still allowed to post here. At the least, I've added another to my ignore list.

#96 txleapd, Feb 1, 2011
  17. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Totally off topic.

I need those smilies as a target at a small arms range. That would be a fun challenge.

Back on topic. He accepted a public word flogging. Hmm...

18. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

I replied before I finished reading the entire thread... But I still stand by my last post.

19. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

:puking:

Man, this thread has turned so sweet I think it's giving me diabetes...

[​IMG]

Get a room. j/k

#99 Dukeboy01, Feb 1, 2011
  20. AngryBassets

I made a request for them to be added but no love, I guess.