close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The American Community Survey Form

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kevin108, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

They've sent me two packets now wanting to know everything about everyone in my household from age, race and income to marriage, divorce and work habits.

It's made clear that my response is required by law. I initially considered sending them a picture I drew of a spider but most likely I'll give them the same info I did in the census indicating that 2 people live there.

Any input?

2. coastal4974

coastal4974

What law is that required by?

3. tnhawk

tnhawk

If I receive anything like this, it will go directly into the shredder. Even a legal census is limited in the information asked.

4. deputy tom

deputy tom

I just googled that and they say that we are required to provide the info or face follow up phone calls,visits to our homes and maybe a fine not to exceed $5,000.00.tom.:wow:

What next?:dunno:

5. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Exactly.

6. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

I would be willing to be a test case for litigation and I am sure there would be civil rights attorneys lining up to take my case pro bono.

7. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    I just checked Wiki and they send out about 3 million surveys per year;
    only about one-third of those who do not respond get a personal visit and interview, so about 2/3 of those who ignore it don't get counted;
    and the survey ends up with about 2 million results per year.

Pretty good odds if you want to toss it and wait for someone to ring your doorbell.

Or send it to me, I'll fill it out and send it in.:whistling:

8. BudMan5

BudMan5

I received mine lsast summer. I ignored it and the follow up packet and then ther harssing phone calls that started about four weeks after the original packet came. The calls came from the east coast and started as early as 8 AM CST and continued to as late as 9 PM CST at night. I have caller ID so I never answered any of them.

They never showed up at the door. In anticipation of that event, I had a letter already written which I would have given to them:

To Whom it May Concern,
    Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.
    Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)
    “Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”
    Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.
    Respectfully,

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

10. silentpoet

silentpoet

First name: Bugger
    Last name: Off.

That's how I would fill out that form.

11. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

And how many are prosecuted because they don't comply with the survey? I would be willing to bet none.

12. Averageman

Averageman

Why not just fill it out with disinformation?
    Make them take it in and try and tally up the numbers for something so off the wall it takes them more time and effort than it should?

13. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

What is happening to this nation that anyone would believe it would be legally possible to require anyone to submit such a form?

14. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

They do come to doors. A couple of years ago, they came to my neighbors house; when he wouldn't answer, they came to our house asking questions about him. I informed them he passed away 60 days ago. They asked if I had evidence of this.....my door shut. :faint:

They're idiots!!

:wavey:

red

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  15. silentpoet

silentpoet

Should have grabbed a shovel and said, "Follow me."

16. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

[​IMG]

17. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Yeah, there's a coven of 19,362 vampires that live here, ages range from 300-4,000 years old. Household income is in the $7,000,000,000,000 range annually.