close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thanks

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Steve in PA, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Mar 1, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Just wanted to say thanks to Eric and GT for having a veterans forum. ;?

Semper Fi

2. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

Feb 29, 2004
    Metro Atlanta
    Awesome!!! Thanks Eric and Patricia for this forum!!;a ;a

3. xcrewman

xcrewman Desk Jockey

Jul 18, 2001
    Death Valley, CA
    THANK YOU ERIC AND PATRICIA!!!

AND ;c ;c ;c to SPARROWHAWK!!!

4. Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Mar 1, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Oh great, I forgot her. Now she'll probably want to kick my butt!

A belated thanks!

5. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Nah Steve, I didn't do it to be thanked. Contrary to what SparrowHawk seemed to believe, my only motive was to do this for the Veteran's. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those of you who have served. I am the daughter of a veteran, wife of a veteran, and mother of a future veteran. ;? ;?

6. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Ya know, Sidearmor, and this could really be another thread, the support and love from our families, like you, made serving meaningful, at least to me.

My family was not totally thrilled I enlisted. They were proud when I earned my air crew wings, but dismayed that it meant I'd go to SEA. And when they learned I was flying combat, well, the letters were a little intense for awhile: something about my sanity kept popping up.

Daughters and sons, wives and husbands, mothers and fathers, family... They are pretty good reasons to serve.;?

7. shrpnl

shrpnl

Apr 30, 2004
    Herculaneum, MO
    Without the love, devotion, and understanding of families the soldier would not be able to perform their jobs or get through some of the hard times. When I was at Ft. Polk the base had Dependents Day to honor the wives, husbands and children of the service men and women. Our post commander knew the importance of that. Your as much heros as the soldiers. You are the ones waiting and not knowing what is happening to your loved one. Thanks to all the family members!!!!!!

8. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

Feb 29, 2004
    Metro Atlanta
    When I was in the Nav, the carriers that my airwings were attached to had dependent's day cruises where we would be allowed to bring our families out and spend the day off the coast of San Diego on the boat so the families could see firsthand what we did. We had a big cookout and an airshow, and there was always appreciation shown to the families, because without their support, our jobs would have been so much tougher.