close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TFO's on my G30S

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Fan45acp, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
    I've got these TFO's on all my carry weapons. They pick up great in day and night. I really like them at the range in the day time.:wow:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:cool:

2. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Jan 24, 2011
    Looks great, had them on my 30SF. Front sight came loose, and have heard other having same happen. Not sure if it was how the shop mounted them or the sights? How have your held up on your other Glocks?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    That TFO front is long, and provides a significant leverage point for sideways forces applied during drawing/reholstering. I'd recommend a cylinder locking grade of Loctite applied not only to the threads, but AROUND the sight base during installation. That will provide extra strength. You may never have a problem, though, even if thread locker was only used on the screw. To a degree, the dimensions of the sight hole in the slide versus the sight tenon may also play a role, along with how hard the front sight gets beaten up during use.

Cool gun!!!

4. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
    Rifleman, I put some blue lock-tight on the little bolt and a little on the base on all my installs. No trouble so far, years and thousands of rounds. I don't knock them around, no rough handling.

5. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Jan 24, 2011
    Thank you, good looking sights and they do have good visibility. Looks very good on your 30S. Making me want to make a trip to my LGS.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
  7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I know people have had problems with the TFO sights but I have had them on the two guns (at least one or the other is carried daily) I carry daily for a couple years now with no problems. They are helpful with my aging eyes.

8. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Jul 28, 2012

Did you use Loctite?
    If not that't your answer.

9. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
    Glock Talker, Yes I use Blue Loctite. It works for me.

10. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I put the Tru Glo TFO's on all of my Glocks and many Kimbers. Nary a problem. I also use the blue loc tite.

I just wish I could find a G 30S

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  11. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Feb 7, 2007
    Missouri
    How much are a set of TFO's going for? I would like to try them on my Gen3 G19 FDE....

12. I have a set on my M&P45 which stays on my nightstand. They're really good in all lighting conditions. I used Loctite and have had no problems.

13. Chad.trent

Chad.trent

Oct 8, 2013
    Has anyone had any issues with these sights and your gun fitting in holsters? Or snagging when drawing? I'm seriously considering some, but haven't pulled the trigger yet (excuse the pun).

14. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

1) Not a TFO guy, myself, but I've had 100% success using either blue or red Loctite on my Glock's sights--and they stay put.

2) You might try calling these guys:

http://www.fletcherarms.com/store-info/

They routinely have otherwise hard to get stuff on hand, and don't tend to gouge like other dealers do around here.

--Ray

15. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

The Sig Equinox series features a TFO front sight. In the case of the .40 S&W Sig Equinox that I considered back in 2006, the TFO front sight did not contact the slide, except at the attachment point, i.e., the mounting screw. You could actually see light between the length of the front sight and the slide. Frankly, this bugged me. :eyebrow:

Early TFO's were rife with defects and problems, more so than any other sights I have see here. And while the OEM seems to have addressed this stuff and corrected it over the years, they still have the crappiest warranty (90-Days) of any name-brand night sights out there. :dunno:

--Ray

16. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
  17. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

They are both unique and cool! :cool:

I personally would not trust them on a CCW, but that's all me... :dunno:

--Ray

18. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

What a cool gun and those sights are great. I have experienced a couple coming loose on people here at work on their personal Glocks.:dunno:

I think some of the above suggestions are on the money and will try them myself.

I'm thinking a G30S might just be my next Glock.

HR:cool:

19. I'm trying some TFO's on my Gen4 G30 now. So far....so good! I like them, but not sure I'd buy them again. I have MeproLights on my G19 and really like them. that being said< the TFO sights are fantastic in daylight. thinking about some XS sights on my G26.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013