close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Texas Regulations

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Gothic_TNT, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Gothic_TNT

Gothic_TNT

Feb 5, 2007
    Cali
    I was wondering what the procedures are for buying a firearm in Texas, is there a wait, extra fee, state fee, age? My brotherinlaw would be purchasing this firearm, who lives in Texas. I just wanted to get some Texas Glocker info first...

2. RPBROWN

RPBROWN PAWPAW

Jan 22, 2005
    Irving, Texas
    Fill out paperwork. NICS check. Maybe a 3 day delay if NICS can't confirm or deny. Must be 21 for handgun purchase. All of this if buying new from dealer.

If buying from individual-pay money and walk with gun. Must be 21 for handgun.

3. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas
    Also, if you have a CHL (concealed handgun license) then nothing gets called in at a store.

Walk in, pick gun, fill out paperwork, show CHL, spend money, walk out with new gun, exlain to wife or girlfriend why you spent more money on guns!

Simple

4. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    That last item (explain to wife or girlfriend. . .) is the really tough part. But, don't worry, you won't be sleeping on the couch for more than a few weeks.

:rofl:

5. ccrobbins

ccrobbins Glocks are good

Nov 7, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    Once you gentlemen get to a certain number there is no reason to inform said person. Chunk it is the safe with the others and deny, deny, deny.

6. kafromet

kafromet KA from ET

Apr 15, 2007
    Dallas
    Well, according to the Brady Bunch, you just walk up to the machine, put your $.75 in, push the button and grab your assault rifle out of the slot at the bottom.