close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Texas inmate to see the board of Pardons and paroles

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lady Glock, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

The man who raped me in 1990 is coming up on another parole hearing. He lived in Fort Worth when he attacked me. He broke 6 locks on my front door to get to me. After serving the first 15 years, he comes up on these hearing every 3 years.

Anyone who would like to write to the board on my behalf, asking the board to not release him, I would welcome your letters.

Can I post the information here, or should I send it to people in PM...I have his TDCJ ID# and his State ID #. If we can get several letters, maybe they will not come so close to letting him out. He told me he would kill me when he gets out, and I don't want to have to be afraid all the time.

2. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

The PO board will put no weight on letters from people not assoc in someway or form w/the convict or victim. Now your close friends that you see everyday is about as far away from center mas so to speak as you can get.

EX. you best GF could say " I see her everyday and she has lost weight due to not eating due to depression in a chance of him getting out" something like that would work.

If he has family , that will work as well, maybe his wife, ex wife, mom saying he is not welcome back..

In my experience, sexual deviants can not be corrected or reformed. Pedos, rapists, etc.. sex is a primal urge we all have ingrained in our software making it nearly impossible to rewire. It's like being hungry, you cannot retrain yourself to not be hungry.
    Good luck

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

3. The Hawk

The Hawk

Although I realize you do not want this person to make parole, if he does, you need to make sure to start a paper trail stating he is to have no contact with you or your family.
    As a retired Parole Officer, my advise is to contact your local parole office on how to get this done. We used to receive calls like that and would make sure that the parole board put special conditions on the parole certificate which read something like "Absolutely no contact with victim or victim's family. This includes physical, written, electronic, etc. contact"
    Also, go to your local police department and have them write the parole board stating that they feel the release of this person would have a negative impact on the community. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

4. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

What is his current attitude?

He sounds on your description like he should not be getting out.
    Those kind of sociopaths rarely change.

Do you have any CURRENT info on his state of mind? IE, has he done anything to rehabilitate himself, and does he still want to kill you?

In the ensuing 15 years, he might have had a come to Jesus moment, turned his life around, etc. If so, I'd give the parole board a listen and see what they have to say.

If he's still a hardened creep, no remorse, no rehab, I'd say leave him in there. My guess is they'll probably do that.

5. Little Joe

Little Joe

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope this goes your way.

6. Sharkey

Sharkey

I would think they will look at his time in TDC for infractions and consider that as well.

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i hate to say this but sharpen your knives Lady Glock, 15 years is twice what most rapists get. he will be out soon.

8. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Keep your Glock 21 restraining order ready.

9. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I was told "anyone can write to the board on your behalf" They gave suggestions that it could be someone who lives in the same area he would go back to saying that they would fear his release, people who have an opinion about the type of crime he committed, people who know me by an in person or online presence. Anyone who wants to have their 2 cents put on his file is welcome to write.

10. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Would this work if I don't live in the same community anymore? He is in Texas, I am in Georgia

11. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

He is a "five-time felon". He hasn't done anything good, and I've been told he has done a few things that gave most of the board a reason to pause last time. He was one vote shy of being released at his last hearing, though I'll never understand why.

12. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you so much

13. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

He was originally given 85 years. Had to serve 15 (1/4 of a life sentence, which is 60 years) before seeing the board the first time. Now it's every 3 years.

14. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

It's close by at all times, but it's a Glock 30.

15. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

I don't have any words all I can do is pray for you, and send hugs.

16. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you. Prayers (and hugs) are always appreciated.

17. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

IF he gets out: Keep you're skills up, carry everyday, everywhere. Get a recent photo and take it to your neighbors. Ask them to keep an eye out for him. Get a restraining order (pretty much useless unless you carry to enforce it) so that you have that on record as well. I don't envy you or your position and I wish you the best of luck.

18. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

deleted

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  19. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock 58008

I hope the POS gets to rot in prison. I don't want to pry but when did he say that he was going to kill you? The best course of action might be for you to write a letter about the attack and that the perp told you(at the trial?) that his intentions were to kill you if you two ever crossed paths again. Make sure you stress that you'll be living in fear of your life if the scum bag is released. If it's possible ask that the letter be read out loud at the parole hearing. Sending some prayers your way!

20. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

He told me during the attack that if he went back to prison he would kill me when he got out and that he would never leave another "b*tch" alive again. I have written to the board and they call me for my statement. One board member gets to hear my voice and hear the fear I carry...the others just get to read the first one's notes. Parole hearings in Texas aren't done like most people think...they don't gather in a court-like room with the prisoner coming in and saying his peace to them all. One board member starts the process with calls to all interested parties, making notes as detailed as they see fit, Reads the letters in the file, reads the prisoners record and what he's done while in prison, marks their decision on the "parole form" and sends it by mail to the next board member's office. Sometimes the process takes a month, sometimes it takes 6 months. Then I get a letter telling me if he was granted parole. So far, so ok...but it's every 3 years, I get to re-live the experience. I have a picture of him from about 6 years ago when he came up eligible to see the board, but I will ask for another if he is ever granted parole. He hasn't changed much since the attack...he was in his 30s then...he's getting close to 60 now.