close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Texas? Gun Friendly? You Bet!

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by dglockster, May 23, 2010.

1. dglockster

dglockster

Sep 19, 2001
    Texas
    http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/05/new-security-at-texas-capitol.html

2. Great! Now if only we could eat at resturants that serve alchol (Even though I don't drink) Its such a pain to unholster and lock it up...

3. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    You can. My wife does all the time. You just can't carry in a BAR. Restaurants that simply serve alcohol, but make less than 51% of their earnings from alcohol are 100% legal unless posted with the proper sign.

4. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    According to this guy, we're the least friendly gun state in the union.
    Lets play a game, can you spot the misinformation in these posts?

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator

Jun 8, 2007
    DFW
    Everything he wrote is wrong. And people here suggest asking an attorney rather than posting questions about carry laws on this forum?

6. trifecta

trifecta

Nov 17, 2008
    DFW
    Now, now. Let's not be too hard on him. He was right about no open carry.

Based on the rest of what he said, I suggest a mental health evaluation.

7. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    Negative.

Almost all public buildings you can walk through security undeterred.

8. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    No he wasn't.

You can open carry just about anything but a handgun without any significant restrictions. You can also open carry a handgun under a many circumstances.

9. txinvestigator

txinvestigator

Jun 8, 2007
    DFW
    Nahhhh,

Texas generally proscribes the carry of handguns. There are, for non-LEOs, military, etc., 8 circumstances when the carry of handguns is allowed. Three of those prohibit open carry, one demands it, and the other 4 are silent on open or concealed carry, meaning open carry is allowed.

So the truth is, when Texas allows the carry of handguns for civilians, 50% of the circumstances allow open carry, 12.5% requires open carry, and 37.5% prohibits it.

I'll add that I think oldman1946 is a liar too. Unlawful carry is a class A, not a class C ticketable offense. And there is NO law in Texas about possession of a handgun if you are from another state and are so many miles from your residence.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  10. We can open carry full auto long guns.