close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Texas concealed carry of the Kriss SBR

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by heliguy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. heliguy

heliguy

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    .... less YHM .45 cal silencer! Looks do-able to me! :whistling:

2. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Pretty sure you can't CC a rifle in Texas lol

3. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    See if you can open carry it. I believe it is legal to openly carry rifles in Texas. We need more rifleman walking our streets with evil black rifles to help normalize the idea for everyone. The goal is to get everybody walking down the street armed to the teeth. Imagine just walking your dog and seeing your neighbors get out of their car with their AK pattern rifles and some droplet holsters. MAybe their teenage son has a Mossberg? It would be beautiful.

4. kensteele

kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    you wouldn't be the first to think of it; not advisable.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
  6. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    Texas has laws against concealing handguns.

7. Texas357

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    cite?

8. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    Of course you can. Open or concealed, as you prefer. Walk right past a valid 30.06 sign too if you want.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    You can concealed carry it, but it is not your CHL firearm, since CHL requires a handgun.

10. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Mar 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Valley, PA
    I was doing this with my SBR to see how concealable it was. Under a light jacket it disappears.

And it is legal in my state even though i have no intension's of carrying it.

11. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    See #10

http://www.texasgunlaws.org/chl.htm

(10) "Short-barrel firearm" means a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or a shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18 inches, or any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle if, as altered, it has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

:cool:

12. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    Yes, that is the definition of an SBR.

Nowhere will you find it is illegal to carry one. Contrary to popular belief, Texas allows you to carry, open or concealed, loaded or unloaded, any firearm except a handgun. For a handgun you must meet some conditions or have a CHL.

13. Texas357

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    I see you've got this under control.

It is more fun this way, (and possibly educational):
    Don't tell him he won't find it. Ask him where it is. Let him look for it a while.

14. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've been researching the crap out of this. For one, there is flawed thinking here if anyone thinks that CHL-16 applies to rifles or long guns. It is a concealed handgun law so it would not apply to long guns/rifles. There may be other laws that cover them, but CHL-16 does not. Now, I'm with these other guys in that I believe there is no state law that prohibits the open carry of long guns/rifles, but one should probably check their own city ordinances to see if there are any restrictions. Just because a state law doesn't specifically prohibit something, doesn't mean the local municipalities will allow it.

15. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    Texas has pre-emption so cities cannot do squat.

16. talon

talon

Jun 10, 2001
    Dallas,Tx,USA
    Watch out for the ole "disturbing the peace" gambit.

17. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    That would be about it. That and carrying any type of firearm into an establishment that serves alcohol.

18. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    Doesn't matter if they serve alcohol. What would matter is if they derive 51% or more of their income from the sale of alcohol, and then it would have to be conspicuously posted. Additionally, if it's not posted 51% or 30.06, then the other sign that reads something along the lines of: "the unlicensed possession of..." and there again, if you have a CHL, that sign doesn't mean you.

19. heliguy

heliguy

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    So the GT legal staff is in agreement: With a CHL it's legal to carry a SBR concealed!!!

So I'm packin up with my CHL, KRISS SBR and my coat off for the first official wally walk!!!:cool:

20. polyman305

polyman305

Jan 26, 2011
    South FL
    That would still be unpractical being given drama you would still have to take time to insert that 30rd mag into it. Unless you're going to carry it with those 13rd mag. But at that point you might as well just carry a G21.