close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tetanus shot.

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Oct 6, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Friday I rsn own to get a flu shot, whilist there I asked about a tetanus shot, the lady told me one should get a tetanus shot every 10 years. I said I would get one then, she told me it would be a Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis shot. Is all that all that really necessary? I didn't get the shot yet as I wanted to research this a bit first.:headscratch:

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I haven't read much of anything bad about the tetanus shot. And I would bet that tetanus, diptheria and pertussis is way worse than the shot.

3. I always see those combined, but I don't know if there is a tetanus only option.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Pertussis (whooping cough) is making a comeback. The shots we got as kids (oh joy) were thought to give lifetime immunity, but now previously immunized adults are turning up with pertussis.

Tetanus (lockjaw) is high on my list of worst ways to die. I recommend you talk to your personal doctor about getting shot.

Doing travel nursing, I was surprised when they required I get a "Tdap" Tetanus, diptheria and pertusis. Adults only need the diptheria and pertusis booster once.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Tdap is all combined....and it changed a few years ago to being recommended every FIVE years instead of ten according to the doctor the last time I had one.

6. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

May 4, 2009
    Concord, NH
    I think my last tetanus shot was 14 years ago. Might be time to use some of my medical benefits...

7. Zonny

Zonny

Apr 22, 2006
    Tempe, Arizona
    I was told every ten years unless there is an 'incident'; then you get another.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    Ask for the TDAPthrax. You never know when you will also be exposed to anthrax.

9. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie
    I got a TDAP shot when I had my wreck in may. I had no ill effects from the shot, but then I was on enough pain killers to keep me from caring:supergrin:

10. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    a friend i know , his daughter got pregnant after she got the shot . YMMV

LOL

11. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie

A different shot, at a different injection site that caused that.:rofl::rofl:

12. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    No significant risk to the tetanus shot (it is available solo). Don't know about the rest, but there's really no downside to most modern immunizations. I just got a tetanus booster recently after taking a kiteboard to the face. The nurse had wise words... Since everyone ALWAYS forgets when their last booster was, write it in sharpie on the back of your insurance card. "T 10/12" or whenever. That way you know when it was in the ER without having to call your regular doc.

13. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    For the record, no such thing. TDAP is the standard now days. I won't go in to how much the cost increased for the healthcare system to add the other vaccines, but it did combine several vaccinations...

14. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Just search for 'Tetanus' on the net, if you want a reason to keep the shot current. Like someone said, one of my least favorite ways to die.

15. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I wouldn't want to die from tetanus either:shocked::supergrin:

16. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    Quit yer whinin' and get the shot, okie.:okie::rofl: